Please indulge my "July Memory" ...

Nana2KJS

Chicks-n-Ahs
10 Years
Mar 21, 2009
SE Kansas
I was not aware of the Dollhouse Farms contests until quite recently. Had I known, this would have been my entry. Thank you for letting me share this:

For this lifelong daddy’s girl, the first week of July will be forever bittersweet. After battling lung cancer and the resultant drug induced side effects, for only five months, my daddy slipped into a coma on July 1. My sister insists that he was unaware of her presence, but he and I shared our last words that afternoon three years ago.

For months I had stopped by after work to visit … share my day ... see how things were going … then head home to feed my little dogs. That was our routine ... even that last Saturday. When he heard me say I had to go feed the dogs he turned and said “OK.” That’s when I saw it, and knew his pain in my heart.

I had to tell him it was okay to go. That if the pain was too much, don’t stay here for me. His eyes were clear and I saw that he knew ….. “Thank you,” he replied quietly.

I hugged my daddy one last time … we both said “I love you,” He left us early the next morning … for that better place, I know ... but a piece of my heart went with him.

hugs.gif

That's very sweet.

that was lovely. anyone can be a father, it takes but a donation of seconds. a true Dad, now that is something that takes a real man, a lifetime of work. yours was one until the last.

now, i expect you to participate fully in the photo contest ma'am! August is slipping away. memories are what we have to create day by day. share one with us again!
smile.png

Quote:
Thank you all! Writing was something my dad and I shared, and sharing here is a catharsis to my soul. Ask us for a poem - we're there!

Back
Top Bottom