please let me know if i am boy or girl!

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by augiedranch, Apr 2, 2008.

1. augiedranch

augiedranch Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2008
    Texas
    the first picture is 'junior'. am i a girl? mommy really hopes so, cuz she cant keep 8 boys.. out of 10 chicks hatched.... [​IMG] thanks guys.. oh, and am i a bantam?

the second pic is of my buff orpington. am i a boy too? my name is sunny

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. jeaucamom

jeaucamom Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2007
    Ophir, CA
    Both boys, I am so sorry!!! And I can't tell if it is bantam cuz there is nothing to compare it's size to.

3. augiedranch

Mar 14, 2008
    Texas
    awwwww! [​IMG]

well junior is really small! especially compared to the other one pictured....

i wanted a female bantam so much cuz i heard they make good mothers and that they always want to brood.. i like it when mine brood...

well,, do any of the chicks i have now like to brood like bantams do? I have a RIR, blk sex link, new hampshire red, ameraucanas, buff orpingtons, golden polishs...

thanks

4. augiedranch

Mar 14, 2008
    Texas
    does tht look like a buff orpington?

5. mandomama

mandomama Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2008
    corvallis oregon
    Im not an expert but buff O's dont have any other colors but buff I believe.

6. teddiliza

teddiliza Chillin' With My Peeps

The 2nd does not look like my buff orphington chick. It looks more like my new hampshire chick which has a black tipped tail, and the reddish orange body and black strip on its beak. But I'm a newbie to chickens. Just sharing.

7. sara

sara Title Needed Here

They look like boys [​IMG], and the second one is clearly not a buff orpington. [​IMG]

8. Critter Crazy

Critter Crazy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2007
    Binghamton, NY
    Buff orphingtons also Have lighter colored legs, they are more white. And yes BO's dont have any other color in their feathers.

9. pidgey104

pidgey104 Cochins R Us

Nov 10, 2007
    Panama City ,Florida
    Both boys But the 2nd is not a Buff oprington heres mine.

[​IMG]

10. tazzy

tazzy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2008
    Kentucky
    I agree - the second one is not a buff orpington. very cute, but not a buff. (we have 11 buffs and one buff roo in the henhouse, so that's all I see everyday and we raised seven of the hens from the time they were a week and two weeks old so I saw them as chicks.)

here is what my buffs looked like as chicks. the smaller ones are one week old, the bigger ones are two weeks old and shedding their baby fluff for real feathers:

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by