Please let Snowy be a girl.

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Bowen Mt Chicken, Jan 23, 2012.

1. Bowen Mt Chicken

Bowen Mt Chicken Out Of The Brooder

Jun 8, 2011
    Bowen Mountain, NSW
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/ga...88733/user_id/95201#page=0&sort=display_order
    We are Hoping our little white EE, Snowy is a girl, we have popped a couple of photo's of her hopefully and the Barnevelder as well, it is a bit slower at feathering up than the boy the obviously looks like a boy, photo's are included of him as well, hopefully I uploaded them right, have also included a photo of the EE cross Hamburg we believe is a boy, they are about 16 plus weeks old, Thanks for helping.

2. kari_dawn

kari_dawn Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 2, 2009
    North Texas
    So the first picture is of Snowy? And she is the same age as the others pictured? If that is the case, I would say girl...hard to tell without getting a good look at her face and saddle area

3. ArizonaDesertChicks

ArizonaDesertChicks Eggstactic for Pretty Eggs

Dec 8, 2008
    Glendale, AZ
    I think you've sexed them all correctly and Snowy looks like a pullet to me.

4. Bowen Mt Chicken

Bowen Mt Chicken Out Of The Brooder

Jun 8, 2011
    Bowen Mountain, NSW
    Snowy is the first and last photo, thank you, they are all 16weeks and a half. Their chirps are starting to change as well, no crowing yet either, The boy's will have to find a new home, the Barnevelder is soo pretty to, am hoping to find him a really good home, anyone in NSW Sydney metro area that is interested in him, let me know, he will be yours as long as he goes to a good home.[​IMG]

5. ramirezframing

ramirezframing Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2011
    Knee Deep
    Pullet

6. ThomsonCentennialFarm

ThomsonCentennialFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 17, 2011
    Holliday, Missouri
    Snowy is a pullet. She looks just like my white EE pullet Peanut Butter.

7. Lothiriel

Lothiriel Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Aug 30, 2007
    New York State
    My Coop
    Yep, Snowy is a pullet. [​IMG]

8. StarLover21

StarLover21 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 11, 2011
    Really? Pullets? They both look like boys! Snowy has those long ponted neck feathers, and her tail feathers seem to be starting to develop sickle feathers. Click on the last one and you can see what I'm talking about...

9. StarLover21

StarLover21 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 11, 2011
    Seriously??? Pullet? He's a definitally boy! Look at the third to last picture! You can obviously see pointed neck and tail feathers!

10. ThomsonCentennialFarm

ThomsonCentennialFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 17, 2011
    Holliday, Missouri
    Snowy is pictures one and seven.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by