Please list your favorite dozen or less movies of recent years.

drumstick diva

Still crazy after all these years.
Premium member
10 Years
Aug 26, 2009
Out to pasture
My favorite movies of recent years are: Prisoners,The Prestige, The Source Code, The Shape of Water, The Greenbook, Missing Figures, A Beautiful Mind, Gladiator. I think all but one have been discussed in my Movie thread "Thumbs Up or Thumbs Down."
I didn't include any Marvel movies, or super hero stuff- entertaining as some were because they had no staying power in my mind.

Nov 28, 2017
UK
Hope you don’t mind me dropping in... Ad Astra, Joker, Interstellar, Inception, Django Unchained (and pretty much any QT movie), Pacific Rim, The Dark Knight trilogy, I Kill Giants, Doctor Sleep, Midsommar, Falling Down, The Great Gatsby, The Wolf of Wall Street. Just a few, lol.

The Shape of Water
That’s a great movie. I thought the concept was a little strange and kinda reminded me of a darker ‘Splash’.

I loved Jojo Rabbit.

I honestly can't remember what else I've seen. NOT a very good indication but is it the quality of the movies or my advancing age??????
Yes! Jojo Rabbit! Had the shock of my life though towards the end, definitely didn’t expect it. Taika Waititi is a great writer/director.

Oz chic

Songster
Aug 21, 2019
Jumping in here, hope no one minds. I am not really one for watching TV much and all my favourite movies are older ones.

my all time favourites are Gone with the Wind and City of Angels. Absolutely love those ones...Then comes....

Green Mile....Shawshank Redemption...The Blind Side...Escape From Alcatraz....Pretty Woman...The Proposal...Day After Tomorrow...an oldie but a goodie

I dont go out for all these Star Wars movies, Marvel movies or Superhero ones either.

Beer can

Free Ranging
5 Years
Aug 12, 2014
Upstate NY
Gladiator was one of my favorites also Diva. They are supposed to be working on Gladiator 2, announced a couple yrs ago but I've heard nothing new.
BraveHeart was another fav of mine and The Postman.
Apocalypto I've seen a few times and probably the only completely subtitled movie I've watched.
Hidalgo I've seen multiple times.

drumstick diva

Still crazy after all these years.
Premium member
10 Years
Aug 26, 2009
Out to pasture
Beer Can do you know if Gladiator 2 will be a prequel?

Loved Hidalgo. If my mind is working correctly, I believe Viggo bought the horse after the movie.

Latest posts

Top Bottom