Please look at my chickens. :)

That hen is the first picture is GORGEOUS! I'm drooling over her right now, in a very non creepy way. Lovely, lovely girl.
smile.png

Quote:
Ha, that's exactly the reason I love Texas. Every time they predict snow I go into a rage against Texas, telling it it has no right to have temperatures below 85.

Yes. Brahmas are extremely docile and tolerant. I would recommend them to anyone with kids. They are huge birds too. Mine's crop is bloated in this picture (she was sleeping off a days work of free ranging) but they are supposed to be around 9 pounds. Their feathers are the softest out of all my chickens too! They are duck feather soft! Without the oil of course.

The one in the first pic is a buff brahma from Ideal hatchery. She is a sweetheart.
love.gif
I really recommend that you get some! I will say that my other one (a very pretty and tall dark brahma hen) was the first to pass on due to a disease in which she had fever and was to weak to eat. We had to feed her through a tube but it was not enough to save her. I wouldn't say they are the most hardy chickens because of their massive size but provided they are taken care of properly they are a dream to keep. Sweet and love to be held. She only complains when her flock runs off without her when they are free ranging. Did I mention they are HUGE? and TALL? I wouldn't be surprised if they were second to jersey giants.

Back
Top Bottom