Please look at these pics and help me figure out where to put what!

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by eggspletive!, Sep 11, 2009.

1. eggspletive!

eggspletive! Out Of The Brooder

Jun 9, 2009
    First, thank you for your help! Here are the pictures.

From the outside:
    [​IMG]

And standing inside the run, looking at the hen box:
    [​IMG]

Okay, the hen box in this coop was framed according to the original plan, which called for the egg door to be where the window is now, and big access door in the middle of the right-hand wall, with the pop door just to the right of that. But now that we've put the window in instead, we have to rearrange things, and I would be so grateful for your help. Can you give me your ideas for where to put what? I am thinking to put a roost going across the window and another going across the rear wall, so they'll have a choice. Then a horizontal cleanout door on the outside wall (to the left of the window), and maybe the next boxes above that?

NOTE: The rear wall (opposite the window) can't be accessed from the outside because it's right up against a fence. And there is virtually no wall space on either side of the window on the front wall. So that leaves the the two side walls.

Thank you so much for your suggestions!!

2. Omran

Omran Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2008
    Bagdad KY
    I would put the nest box to the right and the roost jus like the way you are going to put it yourself is very good idea

3. goldielocks

goldielocks Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 2, 2009
    What she said. I like the idea of putting the roost in front of the window. Thats where i have mine. When they go to roost in the evening they all face the window...i go wave to them from the outside. [​IMG] Dont tell anyone that. Your coop looks very nice. Post more pictures for us to see. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by