1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

PLEASE Mommy is trying to sleep!!! help!!!!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by coltsrox, Jun 30, 2008.

1. coltsrox

coltsrox Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2008
    Maggie Valley, NC
    Howdy,

PLEASE GIVE ME ANWSERES TO ALL QUESTIONS!!!
    I posted anohter topic asking if 90-110 degree whether is bad but NO ONE anwsered. So this morning my 2 babies are outside of my door and this morning as usual daybroke and he was crowing. but then he wouldn't stop like every 2 seconds for the next hour and half as i tried to rest up after some busy shcedule. so i finally got up to check on them and their fine... btu again i must ask is he complaining cause its hot? his crowing almost sounds like theirs two of them and i have 1 hen and 1 roo. and we just came from a cooler climate. is it too hot? If not si it his nature to crow every 2 seconds? he didn't do it in NC but now he does it in florida. whats going on and how can i help/stop him? i need rest!

2. Bird Hearder

Bird Hearder Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2008
    Salisbury, Md.
    Normaly if they're panting it's too hot. and they need shade of some sort, or if possible put a fan on them.
    Be sure to provide plenty of water

3. Cuban Longtails

Cuban Longtails Flock Mistress

Sep 20, 2007
    Northeast Texas
    He's a rooster, they crow, it's natural. If you want to keep him quite then put him in a cage, bring him inside, and cover the cage with a sheet. At his old home, he was top dog and knew it. He's in new surroundings and is just announcing that he's here now and he's the man in charge. [​IMG]

4. coltsrox

coltsrox Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2008
    Maggie Valley, NC
    there was never a old home, he was raised by me and with his hen.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by