Please OEG chick sex???? *PICS*!!

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Morri, Jan 24, 2010.

1. Morri

Morri what's quackalackin?

Jan 8, 2010
    Australia
    Okay so this is the Old English Game chick that I posted on a forum before, it is approx 5 weeks old, and i cant wait ANY longer is it a male or female??? [​IMG]

It has large legs but then so do all OEGs!??!

Im really hoping its a girl or unfortunately we will have to give it away!!! [​IMG] (Im hoping its not to early to tell or ill just have to keep on waiting!!)

*Come on Daisy please be a woman!!!* [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thank you for ANY feedback!!!

2. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    I do not have OEG's bt If I had to guess-pullet..The legs dont look that big to me??

3. Morri

Jan 8, 2010
    Australia
    Ohh thankyou!! I have been holding my breath since I posted it ... nearly fainted lol owell i dont mind what its legs are as long as SHE is SHE!! Thank you for the reply!! Anyone else??

4. DTchickens

DTchickens Overrun With Chickens

Mar 23, 2008
    Bailey, Mississippi.
    Looks like it could be a pullet, but appears to be a possible pea comb/yellow legs (and i don't really see those yellow legs turning white at that age). You sure it's OEG?

5. Morri

Jan 8, 2010
    Australia
    Well it was just given to us for free and we were told it was an OEG so maybe its a mutt with OEG in it I'm not sure!! lol thanks for the reply, it def doesnt have a pea comb (well yet) and lesg are light yellowish. Thanks for your help my main concern is it being a pullet as its a pet not for breeding purposes. But I would like to know what breed it is anyway... Thanks agian!! [​IMG] Anyone else I need as much conformation as possible!!!

Last edited: Jan 24, 2010
  6. ZooMummzy

ZooMummzy Queen of the Zoo

Mar 31, 2008
    Philomath, Oregon
    It is identical to two of my spangled OEG chicks that hatched 3 weeks ago (eggs came from a very from a very reputable source) so I would say yes, it's an OEG and I would guess pullet too. I have two and one has a comb like that one and one has a comb much larger already. I'm hoping for at least one of each because they have such beautiful feathers! Good luck!

7. Morri

Jan 8, 2010
    Australia
    Thank you for that, thats 3 for pullet YAY [​IMG] Thanks so then it could be spangled then, they are pretty!! Good luck with yours to!! Anyone else feel free to comment!! [​IMG]

8. poultryhaven

poultryhaven Addicted to Seramas!

Jan 19, 2009
    Ocala, FL
    Looks like a pullet. [​IMG]

9. Morri

Jan 8, 2010
    Australia
    Thanks YAY another pullet!! Thanks guys! [​IMG]

10. MissD'uccle

MissD'uccle Cluck of My Life

Dec 16, 2009
    Elba Twp, MI
    I say pullet. I have an OEG chick right now whos comb is MUCH larger and redder and he's 5 weeks also. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by