Please pet me!!!!!!!! And give me treats!!!!

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by 4 Love of Baby Chickens, Sep 12, 2011.

1. 4 Love of Baby Chickens

4 Love of Baby Chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG]

The reason why is because last week on Thursday a dog came up in my yard. Mostly just sniffed around but Koda ran him off yelping his stub tail off. [​IMG] He lives 1 MILE AWAY! His owner demanded that if I saw his dog to call him. But should I? *needs advice here* [​IMG]

And last saturday a dog named Gabby and her 2 year old pups came up into my yard. They were just sniffing around but 1 of them started chasing my chickens which is a big NO NO in Koda's book! My little Jap cockeral Salt attacked the dog who was chasing my chickens. She tried to snap at him but he jumped up with his spurs out and spured that dog right on the nose!!! She yelped with pain, Salt ran to his flock hidden in the bushes, and Koda came out of nowhere snarling. Gabby and her other pup ran off to the field, and Koda chased that pup who attacked my chickens across the road yelping in fright.

But after I left for work today they came back. My mom ran out when she heard fighting dogs. Koda and that pup (who chased my chickens) were fighting each other. Mom (along with Koda) chased them off with a broom. Gabby is good with the neighbors chickens but her pups are not.

But I am SO proud of my "Big White Overgrown Sized Pup!!!" [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. mulewagon

mulewagon Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 13, 2010
    Alabama
    Ha, good for Koda! It's so great to have a protective dog. My Badger chased off his first strange dog recently [​IMG]

So this neighbor "demanded" that you call him if you see his dog? If he's asking for a favor like that, he needs to do so politely. Though it sounds like you won't be seeing his dog very much, with Koda on the watch.

3. 4 Love of Baby Chickens

Thanks. Koda thanks you too. But she's demanding a treat from you. I'm reminding her to be polite. [​IMG]

Gotta hit the hay. I'm bushed.

4. tomingreeneco

tomingreeneco Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2010
    Greene County, PA
    His owner demanded that if I saw his dog to call him.

Tell him you demand that he keeps is dog in his yard and if he does not he may never see him again. What a pompous ass!​

5. Noymira

Noymira Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 9, 2011
    Chittenden County, VT
    Quote:Tell him you demand that he keeps is dog in his yard and if he does not he may never see him again. What a pompous ass!

I agree, next time I'd catch the dog and drop it off at a no kill shelter in the next county over (making sure they know the dog attacked chickens). Hopefully it would end up with an owner who knows to keep it contained.

6. wyoDreamer

wyoDreamer Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 10, 2010
    I am going to play the devils advocate here.

Maybe he "demanded" that you call him because he is stressed out from trying to train the dog to stay at home and annoyed that the dog is wandering. I know most of the arguments between me and my husband are because one or the other of us is a little tired or stressed about work. It comes out in the voice and it is very easy to take offence.

That being said, some people are just %[email protected]@*$! and don't deserve to time of day.

I would assume he is stressed about something else, and not take offence, this time! Next time, watch out. I do not take being talked down to very well!

If the dog shows up again, and you have time, I would call the guy and let him know that the dog is back again and you are calling as requested. But also let him know that this is the first, last and only courtesy call he will get from you. If the dog continues to wander you WILL be dealing with the issue with more than a phone call to him!

7. 4 Love of Baby Chickens

The nice thing is none of the dogs haven't come back. [​IMG] Good job Koda! [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 15, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by