Please post pics of Edwards pheasant

Discussion in 'Pheasants and Partridge (Chukar)' started by pktuan, Oct 15, 2010.

1. pktuan

pktuan Out Of The Brooder

Aug 31, 2009
    Please post pic of your Edwards pheasant. If you know anyone want to sale them in USA, please buzz me. Thanks a lot.

2. Tony K T

Tony K T Overrun With Chickens

Jul 28, 2008
    New Hampshire
    I have 2 edwards hens for sale.I'm asking 60.00 each for them.I can get unrelated males and sell them as pairs if needed.
    In N.H.,Tony.

3. Lophura

Lophura Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2008
    Holden, Missouri
    Quote:Used to own them, they now reside at the Sunset Zoo in Manhattan, KS http://www.ci.manhattan.ks.us/index.aspx?NID=22

A
    few pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Gene pool is small in the US, has been many, many years since fresh blood has been imported. Most of the captive birds already started from a small group in Europe. It is possible that like most species with small populations, the bottleneck may have been reached and we are on the upswing (or downswing)? Not sure. An interesting study for some grad student somewhere is to take samples of birds from both sides of the pond and see where we stand. !!

Dan

4. charlesT

charlesT Where Charliet Went

Sep 28, 2010
    macon Ga
    gbwf.org forums = home to the rudest and most stuckup bird people

5. user66647

user66647 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 29, 2010
    NYC
    Quote:I know right??!!

6. Lophura

Jan 23, 2008
    Holden, Missouri
    Thanks Charles and Nate!! E-mail me your problems with the site, don't post them here. [email protected] or call me 816-807-4748, don't appreciate your comments and not afraid to discuss them with you.

Dan

7. charlesT

charlesT Where Charliet Went

Sep 28, 2010
    macon Ga
    sent email

Hey DanNY po you never replied to my email telling me what you disagreed with me about, i hope you got it i thought u were not afraid to discuss it with me???? may be you did not get it

Last edited: Oct 24, 2010
  8. Charliet

Charliet away

Apr 8, 2010
    macon GA
    agree with charles and nate

9. Lophura

Jan 23, 2008
    Holden, Missouri
    Quote:Private e-mail sent. We don't need to "dirty up" this forum with our problems that does not pertain to pktuan's post. What was requested was photographs of Edward's Pheasants. I posted photos of Edward's Pheasants & some brief facts.

I request that the moderator of the forum remove everything after the photos that were posted.

Dan Cowell

Last edited: Oct 28, 2010
  10. Tony K T

Tony K T Overrun With Chickens

Jul 28, 2008
    New Hampshire
    The people there can be rude at times,but they are always there to help.Most of the problem is the ?'s have been asked a million times and the guys just get aggrevated.They give advice and people just don't want to listen to the hard cold facts.
    Dan has a great site and please don't down it because you had 1 or 2 bad situations.Most people there are there to help.But please before you ask a question,look in the arcives,I'm sure you'll find your answer.
    In N.H.,Tony.
    Quote:

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by