Please post pics of poultry from welp hatchery

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by kennedyscochins, Jan 18, 2010.

1. kennedyscochins

kennedyscochins Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 1, 2009
    Big Clifty
    I am considering ordering from Welp Hatchery. I am going to order cochins and my brother would like speckled sussex and blue laced red wyandottes. If anyone has any pictures, please post them so we can know exactly what we would be getting. Thanks.

2. The Chickinn

The Chickinn Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 28, 2008
    near SF, CA
    I don't have any of the breed you would want to buy, but I can tell you that I have ordered at least 2,000 chickens from Welp Hatchery and only had like 4 deaths, very good healthy birds, also lay well and some of the chicens I bought from them placed 1st at my state fair.

3. GardeNerd

GardeNerd Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:[​IMG]
    This is my neighbor's Speckled Sussex from Welp. We had also got Red Sex-linked, Barred Rock, Buff Orpington, Easter Egger (sold as Ameraucana,) Black Australorp, Black Jersey Giant.

4. GardeNerd

I found some other pictures of the stock, but we don't have Cochins or Wyandottes from Welp.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. kennedyscochins

kennedyscochins Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 1, 2009
    Big Clifty
    Quote:Those are some pretty birds and they look very healthy.

6. skyedobb

skyedobb Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2009
    Quad Cities, IA
    I live in IA and asked Welp about picking up chicks and got this reply: "We hatch the Cornish rocks here at the hatchery, but all other breeds ship directly to you." That would make me think that they get their other breeds from another hatchery and ship from there to you. Just FYI.

7. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Quote:WOW.

Those are some HEALTHY chickens!

8. smith2

smith2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 5, 2008
    Paris, TN
    Quote:I think Welp drop ships from Privett in New Mexico.

9. GardeNerd

I have been extremely happy with the customer service, pricing, and the quality of the birds. And yes, I was well aware when I ordered a year ago, that Welp would probably use Privett to ship from based on other information found around the internet at the time. It was a major deciding factor, knowing they were one of the closest hatcheries to me.

The zip code that the shipment originated at was a NM zip. Privett had higher prices overall if we ordered directly through them and a harder to navigate website. I will not hesitate to order through Welp again. I ordered over the phone with Welp, and the were friendly and helpful with my myriad of questions about ordering for a large group.

10. Chicken Girl

Chicken Girl Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 31, 2008
    Wisconsin
    got all my chickens from them! [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] they are Cochins White leghorns and meat birds. I have a hole mess of breeds out in the coop i have never taken pics of yet! lol
    They are vary health i dont think they are good enuf for show.

Chiken Girl

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by