1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Please post pics of RIR juvenilles (12 weeks)

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Carrie Lynn, Nov 24, 2010.

1. Carrie Lynn

Carrie Lynn Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 30, 2010
    S.E. Michigan
    I would like some feedback on my 12 week old RIR.
    However, I am having trouble getting decent pics of her to post.
    I'd love to know if she's a she or turning into a roo. Does anyone have a good pic of a 12 week RIR they could post.
    I need to see head and tail shots for comparison photos. Meanwhile, I'll see what I can do to get close-ups.
    Thanks for any help!

Last edited: Nov 24, 2010
  2. Domestic_goddess

Domestic_goddess Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2009
    Utah
    I have an RIR roo and he started showing red comb and wattles at 2-3 weeks and then after that it just got more and more apparent!

this is him around 6-8 weeks, when I first put them outside.
    [​IMG]

at around 12 or so weeks.
    [​IMG]

6 months, and he's about 8-9 months now!
    [​IMG]

3. silkydragon

silkydragon Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 1, 2009
    ohio valley
    he is hatchery stock right? he looks just like mine i think rirs are 1 breed i like hatchery better then show quality becouse if im correct the show 1 are rly dark and i like the lighter red 1s

4. Domestic_goddess

Domestic_goddess Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2009
    Utah
    Quote:Yep:) He came from the feed store and I'm not even sure what hatchery they come from. He's been a great rooster, and very friendly. I was worried, cause of all the bad rap RIRs have for their meaness!

5. silkydragon

silkydragon Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 1, 2009
    ohio valley
    Quote:Yep:) He came from the feed store and I'm not even sure what hatchery they come from. He's been a great rooster, and very friendly. I was worried, cause of all the bad rap RIRs have for their meaness!

mine is a sweet little guy (even though when transfering chickens i can only carry him by himself cuz hes so big) ill pick him up and carry him around and he kicks softly like he is walking and will sometimes hide his face under my arm

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by