Please post pics of the interior of your coops

taraann81

Songster
10 Years
Apr 9, 2009
Ontario
Hi, My hubby and I are going to be getting some chickens soon(we've always had ducks). We have a nice shed on our property with a cement floor that we would like to convert into a chicken coop. We are not sure what chickens need/like in regards to nesting boxes, sleeping arrangements, perches. If I could see pics of fellow BYC coops maybe we could get some ideas.
Thanks
Tara

Here's my new tractor coop. If you click in my signature line, you can see the interior.
23790_dsc05391.jpg

If you go to BYCs Large Coops page, you'll see my original coop, the Clutch Hutch and about six pages of construction photos. There have been changes over time, including a 12' addition, but here are some misc pics.

DCP_5745.jpg

DCP_5743.jpg

DCP_5880.jpg

DCP_9764.jpg

Here is my Delaware Coop, which is 8x12, but 5' of the 12' is storage. The nests are actually a shelf with dividers and a lip that the shelf slides into. We just slid out the nest shelf when the Del youngsters began playing in them today, LOL. Works great!

DCP_1842.jpg

DCP_1844.jpg

DCP_1845.jpg

Installing second window for light and air:

DCP_2625.jpg

Wow you all have beautiful coops, I doubt mine will look so nice but I now have a better idea. What is a good height for perches and nest boxes? Is there a magic number people use From the ground to wear the chicken sits in inches. Or does it matter?

Back
Top Bottom