Please post pics of the interior of your coops

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by taraann81, May 3, 2009.

1. taraann81

taraann81 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2009
    Ontario
    Hi, My hubby and I are going to be getting some chickens soon(we've always had ducks). We have a nice shed on our property with a cement floor that we would like to convert into a chicken coop. We are not sure what chickens need/like in regards to nesting boxes, sleeping arrangements, perches. If I could see pics of fellow BYC coops maybe we could get some ideas.
    Thanks
    Tara

2. ChickBond 007

ChickBond 007 Licensed to Cull

Feb 26, 2009
    Madison County, Iowa
    Here's my new tractor coop. If you click in my signature line, you can see the interior.
    [​IMG]

3. Anny

Anny Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2008
    Detroit Michigan
    Here is mine

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Judy

Judy Moderator Staff Member

Feb 5, 2009
    South Georgia
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/web/viewblog.php?id=1642

This
    isn't mine but a setup I really like, and wish I'd seen before I built my coop. Dropping board under the roost is simple to clean and solves the problem of keeping chickens off the top of the nests -- just don't have a top to them. Also very space saving with everything but food/water in the same floor space.

5. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

If you go to BYCs Large Coops page, you'll see my original coop, the Clutch Hutch and about six pages of construction photos. There have been changes over time, including a 12' addition, but here are some misc pics.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. speckledhen

Here is my Delaware Coop, which is 8x12, but 5' of the 12' is storage. The nests are actually a shelf with dividers and a lip that the shelf slides into. We just slid out the nest shelf when the Del youngsters began playing in them today, LOL. Works great!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Installing second window for light and air:

[​IMG]

7. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    I did. Now I can't find it!

Last edited: May 3, 2009
  8. speckledhen

Mahonri, I think you meant to post a different pic? [​IMG]

9. Zahboo

Zahboo Simply Stated

Feb 3, 2009
    Hope Mills, NC
    Quote:LOL.

10. taraann81

taraann81 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2009
    Ontario
    Wow you all have beautiful coops, I doubt mine will look so nice but I now have a better idea. What is a good height for perches and nest boxes? Is there a magic number people use From the ground to wear the chicken sits in inches. Or does it matter?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by