Please post some pics of Cochin eggs! (not bantam, though)

hudsonmama

Songster
13 Years
Jul 21, 2010
Hey, folks. I've had chickens for all of two months and got mine as pullets, except for one laying silver laced wyandotte hen. I think one of our two oldest pullets, a white cochin, and a golden laced wyandotte, is laying now. The two eggs I have found so far look the same as our silver laced wyandotte. However, I don't know what the cochin eggs look like and can't find good enough pics on the web. I'm just trying to figure out who is laying
smile.png

So, if you have pics, or other description, that would be so helpful!
smile.png

Blessings!

The eggs I'm finding look exactly like the silver laced wyandotte's eggs. Do you think it's likely that my golden laced wyandotte is the provider of those?
smile.png
I would say these are all medium sized eggs rather than large. So if the Cochin's are large, then maybe it's more likely the Wyandotte's. Also, I heard somewhere that Cochin's take a little longer to mature and start laying? But I don't know if that's true.

Quote:
It looks like they range in size, too. Or maybe that's just how it looks on my screen. My eggs are actually all nearly identical in size, with very slight variations in coloring. Thanks for the picture! I've definitely become chicken and egg obsessed. ;-)

Back
Top Bottom