Please post your EE cockerel and pullet pics!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by azygous, Jul 13, 2010.

1. azygous

azygous Chicken Obsessed

Dec 11, 2009
    Colorado Rockies
    Ameraucanas, AKA Easter-eggers, come in a wide variety of colors and patterns. Six weeks ago I got my first EE's, and now am very nervous about them being cockerels instead of pullets. I posted earlier https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=372492&p=1 about this, and received some reassuring comments.

However, I sure would love to see some pics of other people's EE's, and I'm sure others would, too. It would really help me, and I know everyone would enjoy seeing all the different models this breed comes in!

2. slackwater

slackwater Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2010
    SoMD
    Just a quick note...Ameraucanas and EEs are NOT the same thing. Ams are a pure breed & only come in a handful of colors. EEs are Am mixes of some sort and come in a rainbow of colors (just like their eggs). Just so that newbies don't get confused...I have and love both [​IMG]

3. cpegram

cpegram Chillin' With My Peeps

the brown and gray is a hen EE

[​IMG]
    the one in front red and white is a roo EE the other is a hen EE
    [​IMG]
    another pic of roo EE
    [​IMG]

my other 2 EE hens are darker and is hard to get a pic of them [​IMG] they are black w/ brown

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2010
  4. azygous

azygous Chicken Obsessed

Dec 11, 2009
    Colorado Rockies
    Thanks! That one hen sure looks a lot like my Rachel Corrie! No wonder I'm confused about EE's. I was told my pullets are Ameraucanas when I ordered them. I mistakenly thought they were interchangeable with EE's.

It will help to see more pictures of them both.

They sure are pretty chickens, all of them!

5. StormyMoon

StormyMoon Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2010
    Alvarado, TX
    [​IMG]

This is my EE Emit he is 5 months old in this picture.

6. 3chimama

3chimama Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2010
    Pacific Northwest
    Nice pic...I am thinking of getting EE in the spring...

7. azygous

azygous Chicken Obsessed

Dec 11, 2009
    Colorado Rockies
    I'm more confused than ever. I think my Ameraucanas are something else. The nearest I can find to their feather color and pattern is the American breed. Anyone familiar with that?

8. newchicksnducks

newchicksnducks Chillin' With My Peeps

This is a picture of three of my EE when full grown.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here are a couple when they were younger -
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

EE's are a mix breed. They can look like an Americauna, Aurcana, or any breed that they may be mixed with. (they could look like mama, papa, granny, etc) Enjoy! [​IMG]

9. JPinVT

JPinVT Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2010
    Vermont
    Here are my two EE pullets. They're 12 weeks old and 2 different colors - Edith is the typical brown coloring, while Emily is the same pattern but gray instead of brown:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Can't find a good pic of Emily, but that's her on the ramp (along with a white laced red Cornish's head, an ancona on the right, and a red star looking up at them)

Yours definitely looks like a girl though [​IMG]

10. sassychickengirl

sassychickengirl Out Of The Brooder

May 21, 2010
    small town ohio
    Quote:I just stumbled across this posting. Thanks for posting the pics! The chicks in the top pic look just like my daughter's EE that is four weeks old. The older pics look like a hen I have that was given to me and I've been trying to figure out what she is, lol. Do all EE's have green tinted legs or is that just with some of them? I'm still trying to figure out what the other two hens are that we got out of the tank at the hatchery. We were told they were EE's but I'm not sure.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by