Please post your pickled egg recipes

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by ging3rhoffman, Apr 18, 2009.

1. ging3rhoffman

ging3rhoffman Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2009
    Can you believe it, i dont know how to pickle an egg! Im a newbie this year. Oh, and how long do you boil your eggs to make hard boiled eggs? My husband says they are so dry. Cant wait to get our first eggs...perhaps by Sept![​IMG]:

Last edited: Apr 18, 2009
  2. slickchick

slickchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 2, 2007
    Mertztown, Pa
    I boil mine for 10-12 minutes. Make sure to add ALOT of salt to the water for easier peeling. Fresh eggs tend to be difficult to peel. As far as picked eggs, I add 2 cans for red beets(juice and all) about 1/4 cup of sugar and about 1/2 cup of vinegar to 10-12 hard boiled eggs. Let them soak for at least 2-3 days. Longer if you like them really marinated. Hope this helps. I'm sure you will have lots of replies to this post!!

3. ging3rhoffman

Feb 23, 2009
    Yes, i do have another question. If you put them in the large jar, what would the recipe be for that? I dont want to ruin my first batch.[​IMG] Do you need a milder solution for the big jar after you marinate them. What i mean is do you marinate them in the first solution and then make a more mild soloution to keep them in the big large jar?
    Thanks for answering so quickly;)

Last edited: Apr 18, 2009
  4. slickchick

slickchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 2, 2007
    Mertztown, Pa
    I wouldn't. I would just follow that recipe for 10 eggs. If you add more eggs, just add more ingredients. In my opinion, you cant' really ruin them. If you prefer them more tart, add more vinegar, if you prefer them sweeter, add more sugar. You can always add more beet juice withough ruining the batch.

5. ging3rhoffman

Feb 23, 2009
    Thank you...I will do just that.[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by