Please Pray for a Dear Friend in Hospital

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by PepsNick, Mar 26, 2011.

1. PepsNick

PepsNick Back to Business

May 9, 2010
    Egglanta, GA
    I just found out that one of our family's best friends is in the hospital. She is in her mid-80's, and is so sweet and wonderful. Just yesterday she was bouncing off the walls. Today, she has failed heart and failed liver. I cannot believe this, and just got through crying... We love her to death. Depressing day. I got off the phone with her a while ago. I hope it's not the last we speak. We might go down to visit her in the hospital, if we're able to.

If it's her time to go, than she will be happy with a friend of her's who passed in December forever.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2011
  2. KellyHM

KellyHM Overrun With Chickens

Sep 10, 2008
    Lakeland, FL
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Sounds like she has lived a long full life. I will pray that she will be free of pain and that she can spend more time with her loved ones.

4. PepsNick

May 9, 2010
    Egglanta, GA
    This woman is truly amazing. She has 100 ducks, single, and is even on Facebook. She has collected coins throughout her whole life, and has quite a collection.

5. chickensducks&agoose

chickensducks&agoose Chillin' With My Peeps

Hopefully she gets better, and if not, goes in peace. my grandmother was VERY ready to go when it was her time. It was a blessing. As far as the 100 ducks, does she have someone (you?) lined up to take them in the event of her death?

6. PepsNick

May 9, 2010
    Egglanta, GA
    chickensducks&agoose :

Hopefully she gets better, and if not, goes in peace. my grandmother was VERY ready to go when it was her time. It was a blessing. As far as the 100 ducks, does she have someone (you?) lined up to take them in the event of her death?

Nope, no clue. The ducks aren't really hers, but live on her property, in a pond right next to her house, follow her everywhere, and get lots of treats. Guess we can take them to a local pond, or something.​

Last edited: Mar 26, 2011
  7. chickensducks&agoose

chickensducks&agoose Chillin' With My Peeps

well, I am sending get well prayers for her. and wishing you the best.

8. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

It's hard to lose a dear family friend. If it's her time, may her passing be peaceful. I bet she thinks you are special, too, Nick. [​IMG]

9. Pumpkinpup

Pumpkinpup Poultry Princess

Jul 16, 2008
    North-West Georgia
    Prayers of healing and peace being sent. [​IMG]

10. PepsNick

May 9, 2010
    Egglanta, GA
    Thank you so much. I'm gonna check in now.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by