Please Pray for my 81 Year Old Daddy

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by rileysgranny, Jan 22, 2010.

1. rileysgranny

rileysgranny Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 17, 2008
    Tennessee, USA
    My sweet, sweet Daddy had a couple of seizures and then a stroke last Friday and then a repeat of it again last night. He has so many other medical issues that it is going to be very difficult for him to get back to being well enough to do for himself again. He has been in a rehab hospital since last Friday and we thought he was getting better until this second round hit him. When the hospital called and let us know that he had had another incident I went immediately to the hospital, which is about 15 min. from where I work. When I walked in he didn't even know who I was. It was all I could to not to cry in front of him and my Mother.
    Fortunately we have lots of family around and a few family members are nurses, including my daughter. We are trying to make sure that there is a family member with him at all times. It's a shame, but we keep having to check after the nurses to make sure that things are being done as they should be. For instance we asked them why they weren't turning him from side to side to keep him from getting bed sores (he already has one) and they told us he was on an air mattress, so it wasn't necessary.
    That was great - except the thing wasn't even plugged in! Everyone around here that I've talked to that has had similar family incidents has told me that, no matter what facility you are in, you have to constantly keep watch to make sure things are done properly! It just makes me wonder what happens to those who aren't fortunate enough to have family members to watch out for them!
    Please keep my sweet Daddy in your thoughts and prayers, along with all the other BYC members who have family going through similar situations.
    Even when you know that these things are bound to happen eventually, it doesn't make it any easier to go through it.
    Thanks in advance for your prayers.
    Blessings.

2. TriciaHowe

TriciaHowe Mother Hen

Nov 11, 2008
    Trenton, FL
    I am sure sorry about you father. I do hope he is able to recover from this. When my father was in ICU 10 yrs ago I was there ALL day long. They took good care of him for the most part - he was in ICU for 6 weeks - there was a lot that could have happened without my intervention, sort of like the air mattress you mentioned. I was lucky enough that dh and I owned out own business so I was able to be there as much as I was while my mom was working.
    Good luck to you and your family, I will keep you'all in my thoughts [​IMG]

3. Bec

Bec THE Delaware Blue Hen

I am so sorry that you all are going through this right now, I will pray that he gets better. He is lucky to have such a wonderful family who is able to be there with him when he needs you the most. And how lucky you are to have such a great father.

I will keep you and your family, most of all your father in my thoughts and prayers! [​IMG] for you [​IMG] for your Daddy!

4. rileysgranny

rileysgranny Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 17, 2008
    Tennessee, USA
    Thank ya'll so much for your prayers.
    I am shutting down my computer for the weekend (it's my work computer - don't have one at home) and headed to the hospital.
    I will post an update next week.
    Thank you again.
    Blessings.

5. CedarRidgeChicks

CedarRidgeChicks Chillin' With My Peeps

May 5, 2009
    Adair Co.Ky
    Hugs, and prayers to you and for your Dad!!

6. fordmommy

fordmommy Dancing With My Chickens

Jul 16, 2009
    Wisconsin
    Prayers for you and your family. [​IMG]

7. BarkerChickens

BarkerChickens Microbrewing Chickenologist

Nov 25, 2007
    High Desert, CA
    Your family is on my thoughts! [​IMG]

8. barred-rocks-rock

barred-rocks-rock Can't stick with a Title

Jul 5, 2009
    [​IMG]

9. chickenlittle32

chickenlittle32 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2009
    Rayne Louisiana
    I will pray for you and your family that he makes it thru this... [​IMG]

10. easttxchick

easttxchick Lone Star Call Ducks

Aug 3, 2009
    Praying for your father and your family.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by