please pray for my dil, Christie

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by kareninthesun, Feb 8, 2012.

1. kareninthesun

kareninthesun Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2011
    She doesn't have a spleen (car accident). A few months ago, she was hospitalized with an infection that the dr refused to take seriously at first.

At the tail end of last week, she started off with a chest cold and low grade fever (not good if you lack an immune system). Called the Dr whom SAID THAT SHE DIDN'T NEED TO COME IN, AND DIDN'T NEED TO SEE HIM UNTIL MONDAY...IF SHE WASN'T FEELING BETTER.

Monday she called and demanded to talk to him since he didn't want to see her, just give a prescription. Even after listening to her explain AGAIN to her situation (she is also a nurse and my son owned/opperated an ambulance/paramedic comp,) he still didn't want to see her. Because she is so sick, this smart woman wasn't thinking clearly. When my son got home from work today she was very, very sick. Immediatly rushed her to ER. I'm extremely concerned because he says she is sicker than before.

Off to pack a back in case I need to head for the airport. My son is spitting nails mad, hoping he doesn't run into the Dr. He says that he will NOT allow him to come near her again.

Will keep you posted....

2. willowbranchfarm

willowbranchfarm Chicken Boots

Oct 3, 2011
    Virginia
    My Coop
    I will be praying for her. That's very sad the Dr wouldn't see her. I hope she gets better.

3. kareninthesun

kareninthesun Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2011
    Shes home. breathing better. going to be closely monitored. and switching to a dr whom specializes in what she needs.she also has heart problems. looks like a healthy happy 30 year old.

4. turney31

turney31 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2008
    palestine texas
    Prayers and I agree she should switch Drs. Glad she is breathing better. [​IMG]

5. willowbranchfarm

willowbranchfarm Chicken Boots

Oct 3, 2011
    Virginia
    My Coop
    Yay that's good news. Hope she stays healthy.

6. Mattemma

Mattemma Overrun With Chickens

Aug 12, 2009
    Prayers and healings,and fire the doctor.You pay them for a service,so if they stink move on.Pain to find a good one,but why stay with someone who does not care about your health?

I am suprised the doctor refused to see her. I joke around that my doctor makes $10 a minute,and I doubt he would ever refuse me if I wanted to see him! He had actually said a few times," No need to come." ,but he never actually refused if I insisted.

Again wishing good health and a better doctor!

7. Wisher1000

Wisher1000 Bama Biddy

I have found that doctors are usually not willing to say "don't come" because they are afraid that if it is something unexpected, they will get sued. I have called the doctor's ofice several times to ask if I need to bring one of the kids in and have only once been told no. That was last week when one came down with pink eye and all he did was phone in a script.

I'm glad she's better! [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 10, 2012
  8. chixie

chixie Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2009
    kountze texas
    prayers said

9. newfoundland

newfoundland Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2010
    Hope your DIL continues to improve and is soon feeling well again.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by