Please Pray for my Friend who's having Troubles

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by ChickenPeep, Oct 16, 2013.

1. ChickenPeep

ChickenPeep Faith & Feathers

May 1, 2011
    Olathe, Kansas
    Hello everyone.
    I just got off the phone with my friend who I've known for several years. We went to school together, but now we go to different high schools. She has cerebral palsy. People make fun of her walk. Nobody wants to hang out with her, or even be her freind. I'm her friend of course, but we go to different schools. She has been bullied and rejected for several years. She just told me that she's thinking about hurting herself, and even though she doesn't like it...... suicide. I don't think she would go through with it, and I think I've talked her out of it for the most part. I'm doing everything I can to help her; I text her everyday, call her, pray for her, and we just made plans to spend some time together next weekend. I'm worried about her. Please, I know you don't know her, or even me, but please, please help me pray for her.
    You could help save a life. [​IMG]
    God Bless.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2013
  2. Nutcase

Nutcase Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 2, 2012
    Australia
    My Coop
    You are both in my thoughts and prayers, God bless.

3. smudge

smudge Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2013
    Long Island, NY
    Being a teenager sucks.

Do her parents know how miserable she is? Is she in counseling, or is there any sort of local support group for her (or online, for that matter)?

I know eons ago back when dinosaurs roamed the earth and I was a teenager, that it actually came to the point where transferring to a private school seemed to be the best option. Granted, wherever she goes, she'll still have cerebral palsy, but some school populations/communities are more welcoming than others.

Good to see she has someone reaching out to her.

4. ChickenPeep

ChickenPeep Faith & Feathers

May 1, 2011
    Olathe, Kansas
    Yes, her parents are aware. And yes, she has counseling. I don't think the counseling is doing much to help her though.
    I don't want to push her into doing that but I could offer the idea to her.

Thank you for your reply. [​IMG]

5. smudge

smudge Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2013
    Long Island, NY
    The tragic thing is that she feels so alone, so rejected by her peers, that she doesn't realize to many of us, the people bullying her are the freaks and monsters, for they lack good hearts, and basic compassion.

Believe me, my circle of acquaintances keep posting on Facebook links to stories of beautiful (to us) teenagers committing suicide because of mean girls, and mean girls' parents who are oblivious. It is heartbreaking to read that young lives full of promise can be cut short because of cruelty. :(

And I am sure that your friend is full of promise - she is so much more than just a girl who walks funny. And it is likely that what she is going through now will make her into a young woman ten times more admirable than her tormentors. <3

6. howfunkyisurchicken

howfunkyisurchicken Overrun With Chickens

Apr 11, 2011
    Tn
    This makes me very sad [​IMG]

My daughters (she's in 2nd grade) best friend is a little boy with cerebral palsy. She calls him "Walker Man" and comes home with wonderful stories about what a kind and caring little soul he is. She also comes home with stories of other children who bully him and I've gotten a couple of calls from her school when she's decided to take it upon herself to defend him.

I realize your friend probably thinks everyone out there is mean, but there are gobs of people (like me and my daughter) who's hearts ache to read and hear of things like this.

I will be praying for your friend. Are there support groups in your area for people with disabilities? Maybe if she became involved in one she could form friendships with others that are struggling with the same problems. Folks who understand exactly how she feels and what she's going thru. Good luck to you and your dear friend.

2 people like this.
  7. Dan D

Dan D Out Of The Brooder

Oct 23, 2013
    Prayers inbound. Kids can be really cruel...adults, too. In Colorado we have online high school as an option. Although isolating herself from society isn't necessarily the answer. I hope she feels better. Hard enough just being a kid with CP. You are a good friend and I am sure this means the world to her.

8. Trefoil

Trefoil Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 7, 2011
    Even though her parents are aware of the problem, I think you should talk with them so they are aware that whatever is being done isn't enough. If the counselor isn't helping she should try someone else, they aren't a "one size fits all" thing and the right counselor will make a difference. It sounds like her counselor should talk with the school administration, there is a lot they can do to educate the other kids and stop the "abuse", because that's what it is.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by