please pray for my neice Update post1

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by chixie, Sep 15, 2010.

  1. chixie

    chixie Chillin' With My Peeps

    Apr 6, 2009
    kountze texas
    she had an emergancy c section aftrer she had an allergic reaction to meds they gave her to relax her. this morning she was put in ICU whith a pulmonary embolism and heart problems. found out she now has a heart condition that will never get better.

    now there is a battle between daddy and grandma about who is gonna get to take the baby home tomorrow when he is released. daddy is not fit to care for him. he is abusive and he doesnt know anything about babies. my niece called the nursery and told them she was afraid for the daddy to take the baby home.

    please keep her and her baby in your prayers

    they are taking her of some of her meds today and if everything goes well she will be going to a room
    UPDATE
    Her doctor told her she should never get pregnant again because it will probably kill her. so she has to make a decisiion to have her tubes tied or not. her mom is trying to get her to harvest and freeze her eggs so she will have the option in the future to be able to have more kids. but she isnt interested at the moment.
     
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2010
  2. turney31

    turney31 Chillin' With My Peeps

    Sep 14, 2008
    palestine texas
    Prayers!
     
  3. texasgal

    texasgal Brood with an Attitude

    8,666
    14
    278
    Apr 18, 2009
    Wow, sticky situation ..

    So many prayers .. for so many things ...
     
  4. gritsar

    gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

    28,907
    127
    408
    Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    [​IMG]
     
  5. sfw2

    sfw2 Global Menace

    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
     
  6. chixie

    chixie Chillin' With My Peeps

    Apr 6, 2009
    kountze texas
    thank you for all the prayers and well wishes. Her ICU nurse is letting her keep her cell phone. I saw she posted on face book that she might get out of ICU tomorrow after 3 if all goes well.
     
  7. justbugged

    justbugged Head of the Night Crew for WA State

    7,878
    14
    273
    Jan 27, 2009
    Enumclaw
    How are things going with your niece? She she doing better, and is the baby thriving?
     
  8. babylady4

    babylady4 Mother Goose

    4,736
    125
    286
    Mar 30, 2009
    Central WI
    Sorry but a critical decision like that requires thought and a second or third opinion.... I would not go on the advice of just one doc......

    She needs to recover from the traumatic birth of this baby first before she makes a life altering decision to be sterilized.
     
  9. chixie

    chixie Chillin' With My Peeps

    Apr 6, 2009
    kountze texas
    she si doing great. she went home yesterday and her baby is doing good.

    she already made he decision on having her tubes tied. the thing she is trying to decide now is to have her eggs harvested or not. she is so tiny and she had so many problems thru this pregnancy . and thru the birth. her heart was only working 30 % after she had the baby. her heart is damaged and she almost died. she will have to be careful the rest of her life. and this is coming from both her doctors that her heart will not be able to handle another pregnancy. the meds they gave her to calm her down attacked her heart.
     
  10. drdoolittle

    drdoolittle Chillin' With My Peeps

    Jul 30, 2010
    NE Indiana
    Well, this is such a sad situation to be in when experiencing the birth of your child. Has she considered harvesting her eggs and having them implanted in a surrogate when she is ready to have another child? Sounds like the risks to her are too great to become pregnant again----but I agree with a former poster, she should get at least a second opinion.
     

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by