Please pray for my sister!

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by Rare Feathers Farm, May 8, 2009.

1. Rare Feathers Farm

Rare Feathers Farm Overrun With Chickens

Alyssa is my younger, 25 year old sister, in good shape...

My mom sent me this e-mail this morning...(sorry about the caps, I copied & pasted and she ALWAYS writes in caps)

I THINK ALYSSA IS REALLY SICK
    SHE WENT BACK IN FOR MORE TESTS........
    SHE HAS LOST 7 POUNDS SINCE LAST WEEK
    HER BLOOD WORK IS WORSE ALL HER LEVELS ARE GOING UP
    AND THEY FOUND THE SAME THING IN HER BONES AS IN HER LIVER
    THE ONLY TIME YOU FIND THESE LEVELS ARE WITH PROSTATE CANCER OR TESTICULAR CANCER. SINCE SHE HAS NONE OF THOSE.. SHE THINKS SHE MAY HAVE CANCER OF SOMETHING ELSE.
    AND I THINK SHE MAY ALSO...SHE IS REALLY SCARED AND SO AM I.
    ALL THESE LEVELS ARE NOT RIGHT..THEY THINK THE LIVER THING IS CAUSED FROM THE BONES.
    I LOOKED UP NON HODGKINS LYMPHOMA AND SHE HAS ALOT OF ISSUES WITH THIS CANCER. WEIGHT LOSS, NIGHT SWEATS,BELLY PAIN,BONE PAIN,EXTREME FATIGUE,SHE HAS ABOUT 8 OUT OF 10 SHE WILL FIND OUT MORE LATER, HOW MUCH LATER I DON'T KNOW. THE DOC IS STILL CHECKING
    LOVE MOM

2. Fudgie

Fudgie Hatching Queen - Got Fudge?

OH my! I am so sorry Equibling! Prayers are going up for your family now.

Lord give this family peace and good news. Help guide the Dr's so they find the correct issue and treatment to get Alyssa back on her feet again and back to normal.

Amen

3. Rare Feathers Farm

Thank you. I just feel so helpless, nervous and sick to my stomach right now...sighs. And I'm stuck here at work, trying not to lose it. I think I'm going to e-mail my boss and see if I can get outta here early....I need to go home and cry.

4. melodylee

melodylee Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2009
    Arkansas
    I'll be remembering yours in prayer also! I hope it gives some comfort to you to know we're thinking of you..[​IMG]

5. Rare Feathers Farm

[​IMG] Thank you guys.

6. maplesky7

maplesky7 Flock Mistress

Jun 14, 2008
    N. IL.
    Hope they are able to figure it out and start treatment and she is soon on recovery and mending. Our prayers be with you. [​IMG]

Love in Christ,
    Gretchen

7. Rare Feathers Farm

Thank you Gretchen! [​IMG]

8. ShadyGlade

ShadyGlade Chillin' With My Peeps

I'm sure that the uncertainty must be terrible for you. I will hold you and your family in my thoughts and prayers as you go through this dark time. [​IMG]

9. Rare Feathers Farm

Thank you ShadyGlade! She's in Oregon (Eugene), my mom is in Portland I'm in Okanogan, Washington--about 7.5 hours from Portland. Portland is two hours from Eugene. So she's pretty far away.

10. Whispering Winds

Whispering Winds Chillin' With My Peeps

May our heavenly father lay his hands upon your precious sister and heal her!! So sorry to hear about this!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by