1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

PLEASE read all of the thread BEFORE you post !!!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by unionwirewoman, Dec 4, 2008.

1. unionwirewoman

unionwirewoman Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2007
    Kalispell , MT
    I know I'm going to catch some flack for this...but it has to be said .

I've started a few threads and I would have to say 90% of them I DON'T reply to because on the off chance I do...I have to repeat myself over and over again .

I just don't understand why someone would post on a thread when they haven't reviewed it to get the facts and comments . I look at other threads and it seems that people are so eager to put their 2 cents in without reviewing what was even posted . Can we all at least try to look over the whole thread before posting a comment ?

It does seem as if some are just trying to get their numbers up instead of actually reading and helping .[​IMG]

BYC Forum Rules

1. Remember this is a family board no swearing / foul language and no inappropriate "Adult" topics.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 4, 2008
  2. bluey

bluey thootp veteran

Apr 10, 2008
    Washington, PA
    YES!!! 2846 posts... [​IMG]

Honestly, I don't usually post to threads I don't read but you can't fault someone for not taking the time to read through everybody else's two cents.

As long as you have read the OP's original post and followups, I don't feel the need to sift through countless pages of folks opinions...

Just my two cents and thank god I caught this thread on the first page!

3. DTchickens

DTchickens Overrun With Chickens

Mar 23, 2008
    Bailey, Mississippi.
    Quote:i usually read the OP's post, and 1-2 pages afterwards.. then if it seems like their just saying the same thing over and over i A- Close thread, B-skip ahead to the last page, or C- (depending on what i read on those pages) Make a response, but if someones already said something i was going to say i usually just close the thread

-Daniel

Last edited: Dec 4, 2008
  4. unionwirewoman

Sep 14, 2007
    Kalispell , MT
    That is exactly what I'm saying...I don't read through evey post so and so does...especially when the thread has 52 posts on it ....but I do expect people to skim through the posts....I had one a couple of days ago....decided to reply back as an update on my thread...and everyone decided not to read that part...they kept on to the origional and fed off of the last post . I don't know how to do the "UPDATE" thing..but it shouldn't matter . People should be actually reading before they post .[​IMG]

5. DTchickens

Mar 23, 2008
    Bailey, Mississippi.
    Quote:if your talking about putting "UPDATE" in the title (kind of slow tonight), you have to edit your first post and that gives you a chance to edit the title as well. then you just add "UPDATE" to the thread name

6. unionwirewoman

Sep 14, 2007
    Kalispell , MT
    Quote:i usually read the OP's post, and 1-2 pages afterwards.. then if it seems like their just saying the same thing over and over i A- Close thread, B-skip ahead to the last page, or C- (depending on what i read on those pages) Make a response, but if someones already said something i was going to say i usually just close the thread

-Daniel

Actually I'm talking about the person who ORIGIONALLY made the thread . Is it too much to ask that people look at who might have posted...just in case it was the person who started the thread ?!

7. DTchickens

Mar 23, 2008
    Bailey, Mississippi.

-Daniel

Actually I'm talking about the person who ORIGIONALLY made the thread . Is it too much to ask that people look at who might have posted...just in case it was the person who started the thread ?!

OH yeah i think i see what your getting at now [​IMG]

8. unionwirewoman

Sep 14, 2007
    Kalispell , MT
    Quote:if your talking about putting "UPDATE" in the title (kind of slow tonight), you have to edit your first post and that gives you a chance to edit the title as well. then you just add "UPDATE" to the thread name

WOW!!!! You are WAY too fast ! Thanks for the info...and how do you type so fast ![​IMG]

BYC Forum Rules

1. Remember this is a family board no swearing / foul language and no inappropriate "Adult" topics.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 4, 2008
  9. DTchickens

Mar 23, 2008
    Bailey, Mississippi.

WOW!!!! You are WAY too fast ! Thanks for the info...and how do you type so fast ![​IMG]

im young, been on computers since before i could walk/talk :p so i can type about 74 words per minute (if im trying) or so a test said.

10. unionwirewoman

Sep 14, 2007
    Kalispell , MT
    DT...I would never doubt your capabilities ! You're wearng me out just trying to keep up with you ! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by