please read! need answers!

allmychickens

Just'a small town girl
8 Years
Aug 4, 2011
Washington
How long should it take from the first crack to fully out?
It's been 4 hours since my chick started, hes still pipping but no farther attemps to crack! Should I hand hatch him? (I know how)

Last edited:
I usually give them 10-12hours after pip then give them a hand. I also am quick with the door and mist the bator when I put them back in to get the humidity back up quick. I just lost a chick because I waited to long now I feel bad I should have gone with my instincts instead of text.

im going to bed soon and I cant wake up in the middle of the night to help it if needed! ts temp is a bit low, should I help it now?

Try to raise the temp if it is low. I would wait until morning before helping. Pulling then waiting to hatch let's the took get fully absorbed and let's the veins shrink up. Good luck! Let us know how it turns out.

One of mine was pipped when I got up at 6 this morning. I had to go to work and had a long day and didn't get home until 10pm. It was just breaking out of the shell when I got home and seems to be doing very well! Give it time maybe.

Its so hard wanting to help but you will have to sit on your hands
barnie.gif
. The baby pips to breath then it stays in the shell to absorbe the yolk sac and gives time for the veins to dry up. Keep us updated and good luck
thumbsup.gif

i couldnt help myself! i opened the shell half way hen put it bck to do the rest. this morning i woke up to a little fluffy chick up and running :)

Congrats! Glad it worked out!

Good job. I always wait 24 hrs post pip to allow the yolk to be absorbed. Of course, I do check on the chick by peeping and it will peep back, if its awake.

Back
Top Bottom