!Please Read! Preventing Cocci From Infecting My Other Chicks?

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by ReeseTheChick, May 11, 2011.

1. ReeseTheChick

ReeseTheChick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 10, 2011
    We could not find any Corid where we live and we found some Sulmet and gave it to our 2 sick chicks so we wouldn't lose them. We had 10 chicks that shared a cage for 2 days and we moved 4 of them out and lost 2 of them to cocci and we don't want to lose anymore so we gave it to our Bantams but not the Silkies (They were the ones that lived with them for 2 days). Can we give this to the Silkies just in case? Also, can our oldest chicks have this to prevent them getting it too? We think one of them may have it but not sure they live next to the sick ones in a different dog cage. [​IMG]

Last edited: May 11, 2011
  2. ReeseTheChick

May 10, 2011
    Sorry if I seem impatient but....Anyone? [​IMG]

3. BlackBrookPoultry

BlackBrookPoultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2010
    Western Wisconsin
    Couldn't you just give it to the ones showing signs of sickness and put the others on a medicated feed?

4. ReeseTheChick

May 10, 2011
    Quote:Unfortunately no store where I live carries it anymore. I just don't want to lose my 3 week old chicks because of cocci [​IMG]

5. easttxchick

easttxchick Lone Star Call Ducks

Aug 3, 2009
    Absolutely you can treat everyone and you should.
    Make sure you give them some plain, unsweetened yogurt while they're taking that that Sulmet-it is very hard on their digestive tracts.

6. ReeseTheChick

May 10, 2011
    Quote:So it won't hurt them at all?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by