Please remind me that Patience is a Virtue!

axion_lotus

Songster
9 Years
Jan 19, 2011
Central NC
Okay, so...

On January 23, I ordered eleven chicks from My Pet Chicken: Two Australorps, Buff Orpingtons, Black Jersey Giants, Speckled Sussex and three Easter Eggers.

I printed the order form and now have it hanging on my wall, where I look at it every day. I'm very excited.

I have crossed off a day on the calendar every day since. I have ten days to go.

I've purchased all the necessities, the brooder is in place, ready for the new babies.

My lover is tired of me talking about chickens.
roll.png
Which sounds about the norm around here, but anyway...

The coop is being reparied and renovated, and will be finished very soon, thanks to my lover's impeccable abilities in construction and building know-how.

Every day I worry and hope that my chicks will arrive safe, healthy and alive. I panic every time I read a hatchery shipment horror story on here about chicks arriving sick or dead.

So, as I sit here in front of the computer screen, with a cat on my lap and a hot cup of mint-chamomile tea in hand, I am silently but steadily...
caf.gif

....going ABSOLUTELY FRICKIN' CRAZY!
barnie.gif
AAAARRGH!
he.gif
I don't know how much more of this I can take!
th.gif

I want so badly to be a (chicken) mommy again. Please tell me I'm not losing my mind!
duc.gif

And you know I'll be posting pics of my babies as soon as they arrive and are sleeping in a toasty pile, with full bellies, exhausted from their long (practically trans-continental) journey.
wink.png

Oh dear... you need something to help pass the time. In the olden day we use to knit booties. You need to get some yarn and knit something... how about leg warmers?

Quote:
Hmm...well, I was crocheting a rainbow scarf for my lover and got busy with school and such and forgot about it, so I suppose I could work on it a bit. Thanks for the idea!
wink.png

Quote:
Aww, thanks, gryeyes! I love BYC, everyone's so sweet here. Much nicer than other forums I've been on (especially videogaming forums; they're just awful!)!

I know exactly what your going threw right now!! I'm waiting for my chicks to arrive from cackle hatchery. I've got probly three weeks til they get here, and the wait is KILLING me! I think my husband is ready to put stuffing in his ears becouse I can not quit talking chicken! I've even been out side chicking...er...checking the coop everyday for the past week. My brooder is set up and just waiting also....I think this is worse then when I was pregnant!

LOL. when i ordered my showgirl chicks, i was trying to think of something i could do while i waited. Since i had just taken up crocheting i decided to work on that a bit. well in the end i had found myself knitting little showgirls scarves!

Back
Top Bottom