1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Please say a payer for my step bother ...cancer

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by fowler_chick, Sep 30, 2009.

1. fowler_chick

fowler_chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2009
    South Western Kansas
    i lost my mother to cancer almost 3 years ago....my father greeved a year and then fell in love again.....it just wasn't with any one... but with his university sweet heart from over 50+ years ago......my step mother is the most wonderful person you can meet ( i did not get along with my mother at all) my father brought 4 grown children in to this marriage and she brought 3 grown children ( she lost one to a drunk driver), over the week end ,my step brother Ted found out that he has bone cancer, we're are hopeing and praying that it it not as far as advance as the doctor has said it is....i'm the only one so far on my dad said of the mariage who has offord to be tested for a bone marrow match if needed...PLEASE SAY A PRAYER FOR HIM

2. Amyable

Amyable Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 16, 2008
    Greenleaf, WI
    Praying right now. [​IMG]

3. 1birdlady

1birdlady Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 13, 2008
    Spring, Texas
    Praying hard for you right now.....that a marrow match will be found.

In Jesus name we pray this.
    [​IMG]

4. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    Praying for the best and right outcome. If it comes to a marrow donation, I hope his siblings will step up to be tested, I can't say how important that is. I'm on the national marrow donor registry and I push for everyone I know to get on it.

5. tonini3059

tonini3059 [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG]Luv

Nov 6, 2008
    Southwestern PA
    Cancer it is an awful awful thing..I am so sorry and hope everything works out well

6. froggie71

froggie71 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2009
    Shamong, NJ
    [​IMG] prayers being said.

7. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Where and how does one get tested for bone marrow??? I would certainly be willing.

8. Amyable

Amyable Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 16, 2008
    Greenleaf, WI
    Quote:I worked in a blood center that also supported the National Marrow Donor program. Here is their site - http://www.marrow.org/
    My
    center would hold free screenings several times a year. I believe they draw blood and have you fill out a medical questionaire. It used to be $25 do get on the registry (to help defray costs of the blood tests.) Sometimes that is waived. Try contacting a blood center near you, they should be able to help.

9. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    So sorry. [​IMG] [​IMG]

So how do they test you again? with blood cells? not the actual marrow? I would do this also.

10. CMV

CMV Flock Mistress

Apr 15, 2009
    Quote:It's so easy. It's just a cheek swab with a giant Q-tip. It takes about 10 minutes to do the swab and the paperwork. I am also in the registry.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by