Please say a prayer for my baby girl...

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by PineBurrowPeeps, May 2, 2009.

1. [​IMG] My 3 year old "baby" girl had a tick on the back of her neck about 4 days ago now and when her Daddy and I went to remove it the head broke off and was left in her skin. Which completely FREAKED me out. We called the Dr. who told us to watch it and look for signs of fever, etc.
    Two days later on pure instinct, being able to see the head in the scab, I pulled it off and the head came with it. I was so relieved that we got it out.
    Well we thought we would be fine, but last night she suddenly spiked a 103.5 fever out of nowhere.
    We gave her baby Advil to get her temp down and watched her through the night. Her Daddy couldn't get the day out of work to take her to the Dr.s when they opened like I wanted. So he's home now and we're going. I am worried sick. I have Chronic Lyme Disease myself so this is really doing a number on me emotionally. I HATE TICKS!

Please say a prayer that she'll be okay and that we caught it nice and early (unlike me who had it for 10+ years and never knew about it until I finally got REALLY sick out of nowhere).

It's been a rough last few weeks overall. First I broke my ankle. Then my husband threw his back out. Then my son broke his wrist in two palces falling down the stairs. Now the little one is sick....
    I just need everyone to get better and STAY BETTER!

2. B. Saffles Farms

B. Saffles Farms Mr. Yappy Chickenizer

Nov 23, 2008
    Madisonville, TN
    Saying a prayer now.

3. thechickenchick

thechickenchick Born city, Living country

Mar 8, 2008
    Eaton, Colorado
    Oh my sweetie! You have had it rough lately! I am sorry for the bad times that have found you and your family. I will pray for your little girl as well as the rest of your family. Hang in there and keep us posted. [​IMG]

4. Skitz

Skitz Skitz15k

Nov 11, 2008
    Texas
    I remember when I was like 8 years and I had a tick behind my neck! my sister took it off with scissors! prayers coming your way [​IMG]

5. PamsPride

PamsPride Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 19, 2008
    OHIO
    Saying prayers for your family!

6. bheila

bheila Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2008
    Kent, Wa
    Good lord I'd say your stressed. I had a tick on the top of my head when I was 3. I still have the scar to prove it. My mom got it out by heating a needle and touching the tick with it. He crawled out and all was well. I sure hope your daughter gets better. In fact I hope your whole family is feeling better.

7. goobhen

goobhen Chicks Rule

Dec 6, 2008
    Indiana
    Prayers sent! The only thing I hate about living out in the country is TICKS! I HATE THEM. I find at least one or two every time I am in my yard! I keep Avon tick spray in my pants pocket. If I am out in the chicken coop, spray down my arms & legs. I bought the kids version for the grandchildren! God bless, and I hope things go smoother for you! Theresa

8. mamaKate

mamaKate Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 9, 2008
    SE MO
    [​IMG] I'm praying for your little one (and family), too. Catching it early matters. Don't worry too much.

9. patyrdz

patyrdz The Madd Hatcher

Feb 26, 2009
    Southern Pines, NC
    Prayers sent! Hugs to you all!![​IMG] [​IMG]

10. 4-H chicken mom

4-H chicken mom Overrun With Chickens

Aug 3, 2007
    Oberlin, OH
    Saying a prayer for your little girl and the family as well. May the Lord give you strength. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by