Please say a prayer for my grandma.

steffpeck

Songster
12 Years
Mar 25, 2007
Erda, UT
My grandma is in the hospital and they are not sure that she will make it through the night. She ended up in ICU last Sunday with a racing heart rate. They were able to lower it with med's and she came home on Tuesday. But since then she has had a really hard time breathing and has been on oxygen. This morning she woke up and couldn't breathe, my mom called 911 and they took her to the hospital. She now has pneumonia. They have moved her to the ICU in the last few hours because she couldn't breathe. Lab work is coming back showing cardiac enzymes or something like that, which is indicating she may be in early stages of a heart attack. The doctor's have told my mom that it is not looking good, and to prepare for the fact that she may not make it through the night. I spoke with my grandma a few minutes ago (she lives with my parents in Idaho and I am in Utah) and told her how much I love her. She is a very spunky old lady, and the first thing our her mouth when she got on the phone, was "If you start crying, I will hang up on you." My grandpa has been gone for almost 27 years, and I know he is waiting for her on the other side. If you could say a prayer for her, that she can pass peacefully, and that she will not be in pain, I would greatly appreciate it.

So so sorry.. this made me tear up. My thoughts are with you all..
hugs.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif

Thanks everyone!! She actually made it through the night. She is responding well to the antibiotics, and will be coming home from the hospital tomorrow. I am going to Idaho this weekend with my kids to go and see her. I am going to get pictures of her with my kids so that they will always have those memories. Thanks again for all the prayers and well wishes, I really appreciate it!!

Back
Top Bottom