please say pullet

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by bturbo87, Jun 1, 2010.

1. bturbo87

bturbo87 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2010
    south
    but i know your gonna say roo. MY 6.5 week old golden laced sebright bantam.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

I can't help you, because I'm sweating out the gender of some silver sebrights and 1 golden sebright, myself.

However, my 8 wk old silvers have combs just like yours does, only the spike on each has a little kink in it. In doing research, I was told that Sebright pullets also have the spike.

[​IMG]

We can both worry about it, together.

3. Cindy in PA

Cindy in PA Overrun With Chickens

Jul 8, 2008
    Fleetwood, PA
    I have a silver sebright hen that I got as free rare from MM last year. She had a nonexistent comb until she was about 6 months old. I am no expert, but I would think you have a roo. I could be wrong, however since I had no others to compare her to. She had no visible comb for months.

4. klf73

klf73 Mad Scientist

Jun 1, 2008
    Maine
    cockeral

5. darbella

darbella Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 2, 2008
    New Hampshire
    I have gold sebrites as well. The males combs tend to be wider at the base near the nostrils and the females are skinny. Both have that little spike at the back. When I hatch them out I am usually right about which are males with the wider comb theory. But one nevr knows. i tell people its a boy if it crows and a girl if it gives you eggs to be on the safe side!

6. Violinist4lyfe

Violinist4lyfe Out Of The Brooder

Apr 13, 2010
    Quote:I have a 8 week old sebright HEN that looked alot like that. She's the "dominant" female of the flock and while they were establishing the pecking order at about 6 weeks I swore she was a hen. I would give it another week or two.

7. Iluvmypeeps

Iluvmypeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2010
    Arizona
    Looks to be a cockerel to me, but those wattles are pretty small. I'm not exactly sure, but if pressed I would say roo.

8. Dutchgirl

Dutchgirl Not Dutch!

Apr 1, 2008
    U.S.A.
    Hard to say... my sebright rooster had a comb just like that, and my girl's was much smaller.

9. bethandjoeync

bethandjoeync Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2009
    Iron Station, NC
    my seabrite is 9 weeks old and comb is not red or raised as yours is...I say you have a BOY!
    [​IMG]

10. Violinist4lyfe

Violinist4lyfe Out Of The Brooder

Apr 13, 2010
    Quote:I have a 8 week old sebright HEN that looked alot like that. She's the "dominant" female of the flock and while they were establishing the pecking order at about 6 weeks I swore she was a hen. I would give it another week or two.

OK forget the above post my "hen" just crowed this morning......[​IMG]

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by