1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

please sell me 2 silkie chicks!

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Spongegirl, Jul 3, 2011.

1. Spongegirl

Spongegirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2011
    middle earth
    my daughters 2 silkie chicks are gone. can anyone sell me 2 white silkies? hers were born June 11th and I am trying to replace them before she notices. Im pretty sure that will be next to impossible but I'm looking everywhere anyway.

2. Spongegirl

Jun 4, 2011
    middle earth
    well, I went there but it looked like I needed 10 posts to be able to register ( unless I did something wrong)

3. scratch'n'peck

scratch'n'peck Overrun With Chickens

Oct 31, 2008
    West Michigan
    My Coop
    Oh no, I'm so sorry to hear that. Try posting on the "Wanted to buy" section. It is down at the bottom of the index of topics. That way more people will get a chance to see your post hopefully. She still might be able to tell the difference between the new chicks and the original chicks, but at least she will be able to focus her attention on the new chicks.

4. ruthless

ruthless Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 7, 2010
    Mount Vernon, Mo
  5. Spongegirl

Jun 4, 2011
    middle earth
    yep, I know it. I have learned soooo many important lessons today! this whole week even...the hard way! but i thought i was posting in the wanted to buy section. I want to tell my daughter the good news and the bad news version of what really happened and not the entire truth at that. I think I will drive her to PetSmart for a bird cage. We still have some chicks to fill it up, just not "her silkies" though. I have one hope left and a local teacher is breeding them. I practically begged him and said "name your price". He had to talk it over with his wife because he was giving a roo last month. I told him it was my daughter's heart and I hope I pulled his heart strings a little. If someone called me because of a broken kids heart, I would help. Right?

Last edited: Jul 3, 2011
  6. Spongegirl

Jun 4, 2011
    middle earth
    Oh, I just looked at your profile.. What kind of Silkies are those 2. So lovely!

7. scratch'n'peck

scratch'n'peck Overrun With Chickens

Oct 31, 2008
    West Michigan
    My Coop
    Oh those are a hybrid called a Showgirl - Naked Necked chicken crossed with a Silkie. They are funny little chickens.

Good luck getting some silkie chicks!

Last edited: Jul 3, 2011
  8. Newsworthy

Newsworthy Out Of The Brooder

Jun 30, 2011
    Hi, I am sorry about your chickens. It would help if you post what state you are in, so someone nearby might reply.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by