1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Please send me some information on where to get chickens for our loner at home.

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by Chie, Mar 9, 2014.

1. Chie

Chie New Egg

Sep 18, 2013
    I have only one chicken left after having a predator attack to our chickens in January. I would like to get 2 more chickens that are free ranged. We had them out free ranging but found out that there are some coyotes, a big owl, and whatever that can get them. Our first group was not free ranged chickens, so they might have been not prepared well for occasions like this.

We hope to have 3 chickens total since I am still a beginner to learn and our coop is not big to hold many of them. But we feel bad that our left one is so alone for a long time and it is getting warm so she seems so ready to get out of the coop at any time.

Please send me an e-mail if you know area (Dallas/Fort Worth) hatchery or some one who may be interested to sell or give away his/her chickens.

e-mail address: [email protected]
    Please specify Free range chickens in the subject box (section) so I will not delete your e-mail.

Thank you.

CSack

2. chickencoop789

chickencoop789 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2012
    New Jersey
    Check the Buy/Sell/Trade section. Someone might have the kind of chickens that you are looking for.

3. Chie

Chie New Egg

Sep 18, 2013
    Hi, Billie Joe,

Thank you for your suggestion. I will check into that.

I hate dirty coop too,that is why I think 3 chickens are the max number in my tiny coop for now.

Thank you.

CSack

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by