Please sex these two cochins!

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by hd_darcy, Jul 8, 2010.

1. hd_darcy

hd_darcy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2010
    Wisconsin
    I would appreciate any and all opinions / FACTS on what gender these two are!! [​IMG] I was told the second one was a pullet when he/she was smaller, but now she's looking pretty roo to me?? But what do I know?! I am just going by the red comb.. Thank you in advance!!

ETA: The first one is 7 weeks old, and the black one is 14 weeks..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 8, 2010
  2. kentuckysilkies

kentuckysilkies Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 20, 2007
    Winchester Kentucky
    Buff Roo and Black hen.

3. RAREROO

RAREROO Overrun With Chickens

Jul 22, 2009
    Alapaha, Ga
    Quote:X 2

4. hd_darcy

Apr 28, 2010
    Wisconsin
    Great! I could have swore the black one was trying to crow today.... They were in the coop and one of them was trying to crow, must have been one of my silkies..GRRR... I can't catch him in the act though to know which one of my silkies it is! Sneaky little things... [​IMG]

Next question is I have 3 frizzles that are the same age as the buff roo. Could you sex those ones as well, or are frizzles too hard to tell when young? Well, I KNOW one is a roo because his comb and wattles are already huge and read, and I believe 2 others are too...

THANK YOU!

5. Skitz

Skitz Skitz15k

Nov 11, 2008
    Texas
    Quote:we might be able to tell..

6. RAREROO

Jul 22, 2009
    Alapaha, Ga
    Post some pics of the frizzles and we can give it a shot. Try to get good full body and head shots of them like you did with the others.

7. hd_darcy

Apr 28, 2010
    Wisconsin
    Excellent! I will do that tomorrow. [​IMG] Thanks again.

8. hd_darcy

Apr 28, 2010
    Wisconsin
    Can we "re-visit" the black one please. I think she um has been crowing!! [​IMG] And she is one that picks on the others.. personality of a rooster...

Could you guys had been wrong? I'd love to hear you were not and I have a crowing hen. [​IMG]

9. RAREROO

Jul 22, 2009
    Alapaha, Ga
    If it is crowing, then my bet would be that you have a crowing hen (or a cross dressing rooster) It looks all hen to me.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2010
  10. hd_darcy

Apr 28, 2010
    Wisconsin
    No kidding! Well she/he is 18 weeks old and has been making that sound for a couple of weeks, but not very often. It was just today that I finally seen it coming out of her beak! I thought it was one of my silkies before and I could never "catch" them. I would be soo happy if it was just a crowing hen - Thank you!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by