Please Share Intertior of Coop At least One Year In Use.

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by jBlaze, May 14, 2010.

1. jBlaze

jBlaze Songster

Oct 25, 2008
    Oregon
    I love seeing all the lovely new coop pictures, so fresh and clean. I would really like to see coop interiors that are lived in! [​IMG]
    I need to do some re-design, and would love some inspiration! [​IMG]
    Thanks!

2. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    Same here....glad you've asked! I just bought a shed, and I'm not sure what the best way would be to set up the nesting boxes and the roosts.......

Gonna keep an eye on this post!

Sharon

3. CityChook

CityChook Songster

Apr 9, 2008
    Minneapolis, MN
    My Coop
    My coop is two years old. I took these photos 5 minutes ago, special for you. The coop looks pretty much the way it did when the girls moved in. I've touched up paint in a couple of spots where I had to scrub (nasty broody poos) but in general the paint has really held up well. I'm so glad I did it.

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. MommyToThree

MommyToThree In the Brooder

Apr 17, 2010
    Yakima, WA
    Quote:What a nice coop!! Thanks for sharing it.

5. jBlaze

jBlaze Songster

Oct 25, 2008
    Oregon
    Wow, you sure keep it clean! I wish I could with mine, we just never seem to find the time. I clean it out, but I don't scrub it, and we never did paint it. Maybe we'll get there someday.

We adjusted a few things in our coop yesterday. We swapped sided for the nest boxes and the roosts, and raised the roosts way up to where they are supposed to be. Still need to put in a droping board. I will try to get picts, lol.

6. jBlaze

jBlaze Songster

Oct 25, 2008
    Oregon
    It is WAY O.K. to post dirty and tacky coops!! [​IMG] I want to see the real deal. Am I the only one that only gets to clean every few weeks?

Tell ya what, I'll even post picts of the meaties before we move them. They only been in that spot a week, and you can no longer see the grass. Still looking for an easier way to move them that doesn't involve major work for DH! [​IMG]

Last edited: May 15, 2010
  7. CityChook

CityChook Songster

Apr 9, 2008
    Minneapolis, MN
    My Coop
    (in a wee small voice...)
    but mine is the real deal.... maybe because I only have 4 chickens, it doesn't get too out of control in there.
    Sigh, I only clean it out twice a year. It gets dusty inside, but not really all that dirty. The blue and brown paint do a pretty good job of hiding the dirt.

8. jBlaze

jBlaze Songster

Oct 25, 2008
    Oregon
    Quote:I certainly did NOT mean to imply that yours is not!! [​IMG]

I just didn't want others to be intimidated by how clean yours is. [​IMG]

Last edited: May 15, 2010
  9. lcwilson2010

lcwilson2010 Songster

May 13, 2010
    Woodsfield,Ohio
    How bout this. Tomorrow since its Sunday and I have time off of school since its the weekend I will go out and get some pics of the DIRTY DIRTY coop..You really dont want me to but since u asked i will specially for u.

Just wait till tomorrow.

10. jBlaze

jBlaze Songster

Oct 25, 2008
    Oregon
    k.
    I'll wait for it! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by