Please share your victim to temp spike stories!

fowllover

Chirping
7 Years
May 5, 2012
Missouri
I am one of those victims as of last night. I thought it would be great to hear others stories and outcome. Possibly I can find a little glimmer of hope thru it all?
sad.png

My story:

I set 40 silkie eggs Monday night. Everything looked great. I had prepped the incubator ahead of time and we were on our way. I woke up this Morning (almost day 4) and the temps were 108!!! I am just sick.
hit.gif
At this point I am unsure if it only being day 4 helps or hurts me as well.

We incubated eggs with a faulty thermometer. Found that out much too late. The temperature in the incubator was way too high in some spots - we actually cooked some of the eggs. BUT we did manage to hatch 7 chicks...

We incubated eggs with a faulty thermometer. Found that out much too late. The temperature in the incubator was way too high in some spots - we actually cooked some of the eggs. BUT we did manage to hatch 7 chicks...
Yikes! How many did you start out with?

I wouldn't give up! Do you have any idea how long the temp was that high? The highest mine has got to was 105...and they were OK..Good luck!

We had a fairly large incubator and it took 56 eggs. We did it with a friend who went a bit crazy and insisted we fill it up. It's a miracle we hatched any! It was just very badly designed... 3 Bulbs to provide heat, no fan... Add a faulty thermometer and you get a flop!
Second time round we used 2 bulbs and a PC fan and a very good quality thermometer. Had much better results.

I wouldn't give up! Do you have any idea how long the temp was that high? The highest mine has got to was 105...and they were OK..Good luck!
Thank you! I dont. When I went to bed at 1000pm it was ok and the next time I checked it was 830am time frame. Time will tell I suppose.
fl.gif

Are you going to candle the eggs? Let us know how it goes!
fl.gif

i got a batch up to 106 for don't know how long. out of those 17 in a staggered hatch. 1 was infertal, and four quit at different stages. 2 of those before the spike. the other 2 could have been victims. i have 5 fuzzys now. lost one after hatch. and waiting on the other 6. so don't lose hope.

Back
Top Bottom