Please show me close ups of your slanted roof

Oceanseve

Songster
11 Years
May 23, 2008
Guthrie, OK
I am trying to wrap my head around how we will construct the slanted roof and hubby and I have different opinions of how to do it. So how did you do yours?

Last edited:
Slanted roof must start with two different wall heights, then you can set the rafters for the sheathing. Going into a lot of detail
would take a while so if you have more questions, ask away.

21297_coop_progress_002.jpg

21297_coop_progress_005.jpg

I would like to see some close ups of the slanted roof too. I got some good suggestions here about this already but I am still stalling on my build because I can't decide what I want to do. Getting the materials home is very hard for me. I just have a small hatchback so hauling roofing material home is difficult.

I was wondering if I could use fence pickets and just layer them up to cover the seams. I have a 4x4x4 cube style coop with one wall higher in the front. This is a photo of where I am at now with it.... I have this piece of roofing that was a huge pain to get home but it is too narrow so I have to take it back. Darnit. Plus I really want to do this as inexpensively as possible. I don't have much to spend.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom