Please show me photos of your Silkie crosses.

mom2chicksandpups

Songster
10 Years
Apr 18, 2009
Southeast Alabama
We are trying to decide on a rooster to keep with our mixed laying flock and I suggested putting in a Silkie roo so I can hatch a few of the eggs. I have seen some photos of pretty Silkie cross-breeds. I already searched the forum and saw some pictures, but want to see more. Please show me pictures of yours. Silkies mixed with anything--tell me what it is mixed with if you know.

Has anyone ever mixed a Silkie and Easter Egger? Silkie and Black Sex Link? These are the ones I think may look strange mixed with a Silkie roo. I think my other hens will make cute babies with a Silkie roo. We are mostly going to eat the eggs from this pen and give them to family, but I am interested in hatching some just to get pretty mutt pets.

TXmom

Songster
11 Years
Dec 3, 2008
Sealy, TX (West Houston area)
I'd love to see pics too...pretty please...

All of my chickens run together and I have a Silkie roo, Sizzle roo and RIR roo. If we hatch out any of our eggs, I have no idea what to expect! Well actually, I expect to have mostly RIR mutts, since he's obviously the Alpha...LOL.

BluegrassSeramas

Serama Savvy
11 Years
Aug 25, 2008
Central Kentucky
You asked for it!!
This is a SilkieSeramacana...

The mom was one of my broody bantams, in with the Seramas. She was a silkie ameraucana cross. I used her b/c she laid green eggs, and I could leave them in there, collect the Serama eggs and let her go broody. She was killed, and I hatched out her last egg. The dad was Serama Sammy..

Top Bottom