Please show me photos of your Silkie crosses.

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by mom2chicksandpups, Jun 10, 2009.

1. mom2chicksandpups

mom2chicksandpups Songster

Apr 18, 2009
    Southeast Alabama
    We are trying to decide on a rooster to keep with our mixed laying flock and I suggested putting in a Silkie roo so I can hatch a few of the eggs. I have seen some photos of pretty Silkie cross-breeds. I already searched the forum and saw some pictures, but want to see more. Please show me pictures of yours. Silkies mixed with anything--tell me what it is mixed with if you know.

Has anyone ever mixed a Silkie and Easter Egger? Silkie and Black Sex Link? These are the ones I think may look strange mixed with a Silkie roo. I think my other hens will make cute babies with a Silkie roo. We are mostly going to eat the eggs from this pen and give them to family, but I am interested in hatching some just to get pretty mutt pets.

2. mom2chicksandpups

Apr 18, 2009
    Southeast Alabama
    I know there are lots of them out there. [​IMG]

3. The Wolf Queen

The Wolf Queen Songster

May 2, 2009
    Albuquerque, NM
    bump

4. gocrow77

gocrow77 Crow's Nest

May 13, 2009
    Central MO
    I wanna see some too!! [​IMG]

5. The Wolf Queen

The Wolf Queen Songster

May 2, 2009
    Albuquerque, NM
    Bump

6. TXmom

TXmom Songster

I'd love to see pics too...pretty please...[​IMG]

All of my chickens run together and I have a Silkie roo, Sizzle roo and RIR roo. If we hatch out any of our eggs, I have no idea what to expect! Well actually, I expect to have mostly RIR mutts, since he's obviously the Alpha...LOL.

7. mom2chicksandpups

Apr 18, 2009
    Southeast Alabama
    Txmom, the Sizzle in your avatar photo is a beauty. Just about every Silkie cross I have seen up to now has been pretty!

8. BluegrassSeramas

BluegrassSeramas Serama Savvy

Aug 25, 2008
    Central Kentucky
    You asked for it!!
    This is a SilkieSeramacana...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The mom was one of my broody bantams, in with the Seramas. She was a silkie ameraucana cross. I used her b/c she laid green eggs, and I could leave them in there, collect the Serama eggs and let her go broody. She was killed, and I hatched out her last egg. The dad was Serama Sammy..
    [​IMG]

9. mom2chicksandpups

Apr 18, 2009
    Southeast Alabama
    Quote:I like the name you made up for the mix. (I assume you just made it up.) She is pretty! I love the small crest on her head.

10. BluegrassSeramas

BluegrassSeramas Serama Savvy

Aug 25, 2008
    Central Kentucky
    I did make it up. Its her name.
    Ill have to get more pics, I think its a she, but she kinda has a tail now, not sure. Ill get newer pics later!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: