Please show me pictures of your Blue Red laced Wyandottes!!!

52168_101_7596.jpg

Ok, So they are splash!

We got 5 BLRW from Meyer's Hatchery—2 cockerels and 3 pullets. One cockerel had an upright comb. Also 1 out of our 2 GLW pullets has an upright comb. Our 1 SLW and all the rest have rose combs. So out of 8 Wyandottes we got 2 upright combs and 6 rose combs.

It's sure hard to get pictures of chickens! They always have their heads down pecking! I'll try to post some, though.

I started this because I always wanted a BRLW, but my mother doesn't like their eyes
sad.png
so we got the MPC 25 mixed breeds, and I think that one of them is BRLW but she has a straight comb.

24817_p7190040.jpg

24817_p7190025.jpg

Her feathers are coming in orange and gray.

Quote:
Seems like a lot of hatchery wyandottes have the single comb instead of the correct rose comb.

I don't believe your chick is a BLRW....they should have yellow legs as well as a rose comb.

Here are some of mine.
100_0753.jpg
100_0755.jpg
100_1671_final.jpg
100_1674_final.jpg
100_1565_final.jpg

This is my hatchery splash BLR Wyandotte girl Butternut. Her color and pattern is way off, BUT she is the SWEETEST chicken I own at the moment. She is such a good girl and loves sitting in my hands. Not a mean bone in her body!

NewChickensAugust8th2010065.jpg

NewChickensAugust8th2010040.jpg

NewChickensAugust8th2010030.jpg

NewChickensAugust8th2010025.jpg

NewChickensAugust8th2010066.jpg

Quote:
I know you won't want to hear this, but I'm still thinking that Butternut is a cockeral. In the fourth picture those look like developing saddle feathers to me, plus the neck hackle feathers are very pointy and not rounded like a pullets normally are.

Even at 12-13 weeks old? All the Wyandotte cockerel pictures I look up have biiig red combs and waddles at this age. She has no redness to her comb at all. Just curious. I sure hope not.. Heck, if she turns out to be a he, I will be keeping Butternut either way. The City Of Sacramento can go somewhere and stew lol.

Back
Top Bottom