Please show me pictures of your Blue Red laced Wyandottes!!!

Discussion in 'Online Poultry Show' started by Hollywood Chickens, Aug 8, 2010.

1. Hollywood Chickens

Hollywood Chickens Songster

Mar 12, 2009
    Florida
    All ages and genders!! there isn't any prize, I just want to see pictures of them they are so pretty!

2. RedRoosterFarm

RedRoosterFarm **LOVE MY SERAMAS**

Mar 25, 2010
    Eatonville, Washington
    [​IMG]
    Ok, So they are splash!

3. Hollywood Chickens

Mar 12, 2009
    Florida
    But they are beautiful anyway.

Has anyone ever heard of a hatchery Wyandotte with a straight comb?

4. LastChanceChickenDance

LastChanceChickenDance In the Brooder

Aug 1, 2010
    Oregon
    We got 5 BLRW from Meyer's Hatchery—2 cockerels and 3 pullets. One cockerel had an upright comb. Also 1 out of our 2 GLW pullets has an upright comb. Our 1 SLW and all the rest have rose combs. So out of 8 Wyandottes we got 2 upright combs and 6 rose combs.

It's sure hard to get pictures of chickens! They always have their heads down pecking! I'll try to post some, though.

5. Hollywood Chickens

Mar 12, 2009
    Florida
    I started this because I always wanted a BRLW, but my mother doesn't like their eyes [​IMG] so we got the MPC 25 mixed breeds, and I think that one of them is BRLW but she has a straight comb.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Her feathers are coming in orange and gray.

6. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Quote:Seems like a lot of hatchery wyandottes have the single comb instead of the correct rose comb.

I don't believe your chick is a BLRW....they should have yellow legs as well as a rose comb.

Here are some of mine.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

7. RedRoosterFarm

RedRoosterFarm **LOVE MY SERAMAS**

Mar 25, 2010
    Eatonville, Washington
    These are AWESOME!

8. Morgan7782

Morgan7782 Dense Egg Goo

Mar 22, 2010
    Sacramento CA
    This is my hatchery splash BLR Wyandotte girl Butternut. Her color and pattern is way off, BUT she is the SWEETEST chicken I own at the moment. She is such a good girl and loves sitting in my hands. Not a mean bone in her body!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Quote:I know you won't want to hear this, but I'm still thinking that Butternut is a cockeral. In the fourth picture those look like developing saddle feathers to me, plus the neck hackle feathers are very pointy and not rounded like a pullets normally are.

10. Morgan7782

Morgan7782 Dense Egg Goo

Mar 22, 2010
    Sacramento CA
    Even at 12-13 weeks old? All the Wyandotte cockerel pictures I look up have biiig red combs and waddles at this age. She has no redness to her comb at all. Just curious. I sure hope not.. Heck, if she turns out to be a he, I will be keeping Butternut either way. The City Of Sacramento can go somewhere and stew lol.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: