1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

PLEASE SHOW ME YOUR CHICKEN NIPPLE SET UPS!

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by RUMBLON, Aug 19, 2014.

1. RUMBLON

RUMBLON Out Of The Brooder

Nov 6, 2011
    I recently moved from Nevada to Idaho. When in Nv I purchased and used some chicken nipples in a 3/4 PVC attached to a bucket that ran from the exterior into the interior of the coupe that I filled when needed.

I am building a new 19x9 ( I know an odd size but I used all left over material thus far) coupe that will be 2/5th coupe and the remainder a room for incubators, small chicks, some pheasants to start as well.

I have a make shift coupe in the mean time but my chicken nipple bucket is now leaking and I want to devise a better set up for the new coupe. I am thinking a swamp cooler float for constant water when needed ect.

Can I please see some set up that you have done or ideas? Or links you may know of?

Thanks, RUMBLON

2. RUMBLON

RUMBLON Out Of The Brooder

Nov 6, 2011
    Im thinking about something like this but looking at alternatives or things that may be better? Also Im in an area that freezes in the winter, looking for ideas to incorporate that.

RUMBLON

3. deathfromabove

deathfromabove Out Of The Brooder

Jul 8, 2014
    maryland
    I just use a 5 gallon bucket and put 5 horizontal nipples on. During the winter I put a stock pond (I think that's what it is called) heater in and never froze up. Last year was bad but the water was fine. I also leave the water in the run.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by