please show me your converted dog run roof

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by egglicious, Nov 5, 2011.

1. egglicious

egglicious Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2011
    Really need to see some pics of some snow-proof roofs over converted dog runs. Please show me!

Last edited: Nov 5, 2011
  2. kari_dawn

kari_dawn Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 2, 2009
    North Texas
    I use a converted dog run as a coop, but I do not think it will be much help to you...I live in Texas...what the heck is snow?

3. kari_dawn

Nov 2, 2009
    North Texas
    My dog run just has hardware cloth stretched over it, and a sheet of corugated metal at the back half as a rain shield.

4. daver

daver Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2011
    Linden, NC
    I'd be interested also. We have two 10x10 dog runs hooked together to make one 200 sq foot run.

Dave

5. egglicious

May 7, 2011
    Quote:I grew up in Texas. Snow is that slushy stuff that turns into ice immediately and makes your car into an ice sculpture and all the roads into one big slide... At least that's what it was like in North Texas!

Anyone got some pics? (of roofed dog runs, not a Texas ice storm..)

6. Hens & Hounds

Hens & Hounds Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2011
    NJ
  7. luvmy33chicks

luvmy33chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 19, 2011
    Long Island
    [​IMG]

bad angled picture but it has the dog kennel panels across the top with a piece of wood to angle the tarps

Last edited: Nov 5, 2011
  8. kari_dawn

Nov 2, 2009
    North Texas
    Quote:yup, that's where I live

Just trying to give your post a boost...Im kinda interested in roofing solutions for dog runs...and how serious a roof has to be to be snow proof...Exactly HOW snow proof are you looking for? Feet or inches?

Luvmy33chicks, do the tarps keep the snow out pretty well?

9. egglicious

May 7, 2011

Just trying to give your post a boost...Im kinda interested in roofing solutions for dog runs...and how serious a roof has to be to be snow proof...Exactly HOW snow proof are you looking for? Feet or inches?

I'm in NW Washington. We are near the coast so about a foot would be a lot for us but not impossible...

10. luvmy33chicks

luvmy33chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 19, 2011
    Long Island

we havent had any snow yet but i had this set up with the last heavy wind and rain storm and it was perfectly dry under there
    i had to put straw down because of flooding but with the tarps angled no water collects on top and the snow should slide off

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by