Please show me your coop embelishments! Stars, window boxes, lanterns;

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Kansaseq, Dec 3, 2010.

1. Kansaseq

Kansaseq Prairie Wolf Farm Asylum

Feb 12, 2009
    NE Kansas
    I need ideas to dress up my new coop once it's done. It ain't gonna be pretty,but I can try to make it less ugly ![​IMG]
    Thanks.

2. annie3001

annie3001 My Girls

Jun 11, 2009
    Ct.
    Did you check out that thread? Its got lots of great photos. Its under coop & run-Design, construction & maintenance link. I think that thread has alot of what your looking for. No need to start another thread. Sorry i cant link the site....(at my job right now) [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 4, 2010
  3. Kansaseq

Feb 12, 2009
    NE Kansas
    Yes, I am following that thread,but want to focus on the embellishments, signs, decorations, etc.

4. Tdub4chiks

Tdub4chiks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2010
    Constantia, NY
    One of my favorite coops is from gramakoko. Do a search for her. She uses signs, bales of straw, chairs, etc and I absolutely love her setup. It is so cute. Different colored paints helps too. Check it out.

5. annie3001

annie3001 My Girls

Jun 11, 2009
    Ct.
    Quote:gotcha [​IMG]

6. dsqard

dsqard Crazy "L" Farms

Jun 11, 2010
    York PA
    I have a couple I can show. I got the coop done just before the winter weather started so I am planning on doing more embelishments in the spring.
    When I ordered the windows they had adorable "shutters" so I had to order those with the windows.
    [​IMG]
    Once I started getting my own eggs I had to paint the sign!
    [​IMG]
    Planning on adding window boxes in the spring. I will probably make them over the winter.

7. Kansaseq

Feb 12, 2009
    NE Kansas
    Dsqard, love the shutters and egg stencil. One of the things I want to do for mine is make shutters [​IMG]

8. shopchicks

shopchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 4, 2009
    Boise, Idaho
    I don't have pics, but I found a round stained glass rooster decoration at a discount store (Marshall's) and hung that by the door to the run. I bought a horseshoe and spray painted it silver and hung it over the pop door. I'd like to get a painted sign made for the front of the coop, but I'm not sure I can do the painting well enough myself.

9. dsqard

dsqard Crazy "L" Farms

Jun 11, 2010
    York PA
    Quote:The sign was free hand [​IMG]. I wish I was good enough with wood to make my own shutters but just doing the coop was challenging enough! I feel comfortable enough with my skills to make the window boxes from the scraps left over from making the coop. I think paying $25 to $30 for window boxes is a bit much when I have the materials! You will have to post pics of your shutters after you make them. I would love to see them!

10. Kansaseq

Feb 12, 2009
    NE Kansas
    Dsqard, you are GOOD! I could never free hand something that fancy and neat [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by