Please show off your tall skinny feeders

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by gale65, Jun 16, 2011.

1. gale65

gale65 Chillin' With My Peeps

I will only have about a 10" wide by about 3.5' tall space in the coop to put in a feeder (two spaces like this at opposite ends so 2 feeders). Can you post your tall skinny feeders? We are probably going to use PVC but are open to wood too. I don't want the kind that goes in the middle of the coop-I want one that goes against the wall. thanks!

2. colebarnhart

colebarnhart Chillin' With My Peeps

Feeder & watering inside one of my coops
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Feeder in the run, sorry don't have pics of the 2 pvc run waterers
    [​IMG]

Click the link below and see the person that inspired me to go with pvc and based on your dimensions you might like his pics, check out his nipple-free pvc waterer, you have to scroll thru his coop pics to find the pvc pics.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/web/viewblog.php?id=30865-coop

Last edited: Jun 16, 2011
  3. spiffwilkie

spiffwilkie Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2011
    Memphis, TN
    Mine curves do to the coop design, but could be straight if it needed to be. I used a corner litter pan from PetSmart meant for rabbits and guinea pigs.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. gale65

thanks to both of you. I think the first one might work (last pic) but I wonder if it would be ok or possible if it didn't stick out so far. I have room for 2 and we will probably only be keeping 6 of our chickens because the coop is too small for 12 or even 8. The 2nd probably wouldn't work as I don't want to cut a big hole in the coop and the pan is a little bigger than I wanted to use.

5. Hope49_DH

Hope49_DH Out Of The Brooder

Apr 20, 2011
    Anaheim
    Feeders [​IMG]

Waterer [​IMG] It does run to a bucket via hose.

6. gale65

Quote:Can you tell me what size the pipes are on your feeders? And how many chickens one of those will feed comfortably? thanks. [​IMG]

7. Fool

Fool Out Of The Brooder

Jan 27, 2011
    I'm having camera issues, but I used a five feet of gutter downspout sitting in a half round dog bowl (meant for a kennel).

8. fargosmom

fargosmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 27, 2008
    Pasadena, CA
    I don't have a picture handy, but if you click on to my page you'll see a shot of the feeder I made from rain gutter. It works great and was cheap.

9. Schwartzfarmnc

Schwartzfarmnc Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2010
    West Jefferson
    [​IMG]

10. gale65

Quote:I like that design but our chicks are only 3 weeks. I wonder if they'd be able to reach the feed.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by