please someone VERY GRAPHIC PICS

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by chickabator, Dec 3, 2007.

1. chickabator

chickabator Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 30, 2007
    ky
    one of my babies intestines are hanging out its backside. it is alive and trying to walk around. I don't have it with the other chicks is there any way it can be put down that would not be brutal? I have one more that it has a big belly button can someone please help me here

Last edited: Dec 3, 2007
  2. picklespickles

picklespickles Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 27, 2007
    i have never done this, but think i read another on the site say in that sitatuion at that age, that you can snip their heads with scissors. if you did it instantly, it might be the best way.

good luck and take care

3. karri25

karri25 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2007
    Arkansas
    I am not very experienced so please forgive me but are you sure it's the intestines?? I had one born with the yolk still a little bit on the outside. It was such a small ammount that it absorbed it and has been healthy and happy ever since. I hope that's what it is but I'm sure someone more knowledgable will come soon. Goo dluck!

4. chickabator

Nov 30, 2007
    ky
    I don't think I can do that I don't think I can kill it at all but I don't want it to lay there and suffer

5. chickabator

Nov 30, 2007
    ky
    yes it is its intestines it is about as long as your index finger and is pink curley looking and at the bottom of it is the yolk sack that is as big as the tip of your middle finger. the other one just looks like a button

6. chickabator

Nov 30, 2007
    ky
    cant I put them up inside of it and glue its belly together?

7. arlee453

arlee453 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2007
    near Charlotte NC
    What you are describing sounds like the umbilical cord if the yolk sack is attached to the end, not intestines. I'd wait a bit and see - I had one like this and it dried up within a couple hours. It fell off by itself after it dried up.

Just leave him in the incubator. If the other chicks hatching are pecking at it, then remove them off to the brooder so he can rest and recover without being pestered.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2007
  8. picklespickles

Oct 27, 2007
    you can try. i would just do something, even if it's "the wrong" thing.

9. picklespickles

Oct 27, 2007
    omg. i took it at the word that it was intestines. didn't occur to me that it wasn't.

aiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii.

10. chickabator

Nov 30, 2007
    ky
    it has been like this since yesterday

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by