Please sponsor me for St. Baldrick's fundraiser!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by LisaJean, Feb 28, 2012.

1. LisaJean

LisaJean Chillin' With My Peeps

Hi there! I haven't posted here in awhile because I gave away my chickens right before I had my baby. But now I need your help! I am shaving my head (going BALD) to raise money for children's cancer research. Please help me reach my goal!

In addition to the money for the cause I will be donating my hair to Locks of Love. Check out the pic on my page, I have reallly long hair!

Here is the link to my St. Baldricks page where you can make the donation.

http://www.stbaldricks.org/participants/mypage/504473/2012

[​IMG]

2. CarolJ

CarolJ Dogwood Trace Farm

Jun 3, 2011
    Middle Tennessee
    Thank you for supporting childhood cancer research! St. Baldrick's is a great organization because it is dedicated to childhood cancer research - which is woefully under-funded by larger organization like the American Cancer Society. My granddaughter battled cancer - starting at age 7 - and she ended treatment at the age of 9 & is doing well now. She & her mom (my daughter) started an organization to raise money for childhood cancer research at the hospital (Vanderbilt Children's Hospital) where she receives treatment - and our whole family works hard to raise money to support it. We've already awarded two research grants in childhood cancer.

I will donate some money to St. Baldrick's on your page because I'm so thrilled to find a fellow childhood cancer advocate here at BYC! Every penny counts because there are 7 children who die every single day from cancer. Right now the St. Baldrick's donation form isn't working properly - but I'll try again. Good luck - and thanks!

3. LisaJean

LisaJean Chillin' With My Peeps

Carol, thank you so much for your donation! I'm sorry it took me so long to tell you. You're awesome! I've raised $300 so far!

Here's a pic of my little boy. I haven't posted one since he was tiny!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 14, 2012

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by