Please sponsor me for St. Baldrick's fundraiser!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by LisaJean, Feb 28, 2012.

1. LisaJean

LisaJean Songster

Hi there! I haven't posted here in awhile because I gave away my chickens right before I had my baby. But now I need your help! I am shaving my head (going BALD) to raise money for children's cancer research. Please help me reach my goal!

In addition to the money for the cause I will be donating my hair to Locks of Love. Check out the pic on my page, I have reallly long hair!

Here is the link to my St. Baldricks page where you can make the donation.

http://www.stbaldricks.org/participants/mypage/504473/2012

[​IMG]

2. CarolJ

CarolJ Dogwood Trace Farm

Jun 3, 2011
    Middle Tennessee
    Thank you for supporting childhood cancer research! St. Baldrick's is a great organization because it is dedicated to childhood cancer research - which is woefully under-funded by larger organization like the American Cancer Society. My granddaughter battled cancer - starting at age 7 - and she ended treatment at the age of 9 & is doing well now. She & her mom (my daughter) started an organization to raise money for childhood cancer research at the hospital (Vanderbilt Children's Hospital) where she receives treatment - and our whole family works hard to raise money to support it. We've already awarded two research grants in childhood cancer.

I will donate some money to St. Baldrick's on your page because I'm so thrilled to find a fellow childhood cancer advocate here at BYC! Every penny counts because there are 7 children who die every single day from cancer. Right now the St. Baldrick's donation form isn't working properly - but I'll try again. Good luck - and thanks!

3. LisaJean

LisaJean Songster

Carol, thank you so much for your donation! I'm sorry it took me so long to tell you. You're awesome! I've raised $300 so far!

Here's a pic of my little boy. I haven't posted one since he was tiny!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 14, 2012

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by