I got a call last night from one of our good friends saying that they had an eventful night...She told me the had just got back from the emergency room with their 18 month old girl, Amber. Apparently she was playing in her room with their black Lab named Cash when they heard a loud growl and Amber screaming. They walked in and her face was gushing blood, it was pretty obvious what happened. She said that Cash had bit Amber in the face and left two slices on her cheek. Seven stitches on top and four on the bottom. I could not believe what she was telling me. This dog was always perfect around everyone. He had never bitten, never growled, nothing. Her husband wanted to take the dog to the backyard and take care of it himself (which is what I would of done) but they ended up just leaving him in the backyard. I think they are going to take him to a family member that has land or something, and no small children. I'm still a bit shocked that this happened. You always hear about these stories but it never hits home until it happens to someone close to you. So please watch your pets around your kids and look out for warning signs. This could of easily been prevented if they were watching them.