Please tell me Beano works for dogs?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Chef, Jan 6, 2009.

1. Chef

Chef Chicken Connoisseur

Dec 16, 2008
    So.Cal
    My Rednose pitbul "Charlie" the fat head wont stop laying um! [​IMG] That is um as in FARTS!!! [​IMG] Has anyone used beano on dogs? Or is there anything else that works? I know its a breed thing cuz all of my pits have been really gassy, but Charlie takes top honors. You can sit there and just hear them leaking out PSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!! He lays farts that could compete with any grown man. NO JOKE! [​IMG] Oh ya and it doesn't matter what food I put him on. He eats only dry also. Only other option is the doghouse and its cold out there.

Please help! [​IMG]
    Chef

2. CoyoteMagic

CoyoteMagic RIP ?-2014

Yup it works. I use it on my aussie when she has the stinks! Depending on how big he is 1-2 of them will take care of the problems. Watch what he eats to figure out what is causing it.

Spooks problem was wheat. Has to have homemade dog biscuts made from oatmeal

3. al6517

al6517 Real Men can Cook

May 13, 2008
    I had a pit bull years ago and yes you are right, they are the fartingest dogs I ever known. My pit Buddy was a big boy at about 85-90lbs, talk about smelly OMG. Well I used to feed him chunks of charcol treats made for gassy dogs, you can get them at the pet store, I thought they were a little pricey because I had to give him so many. Then I switched to real charcol chunks for BBQing not the briquets, he liked them when I soaked them in some juicy good dog slog. They were very cheap and I they came in a large bag. try it I think it worked great.

AL

4. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    they say Gas X helps some...i had to buy some for my Great Dane..[​IMG]...

5. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Quote:HUH?..really?...like kingston charcol for the grill?...how much do you give??...interesting!

6. dixiechick

dixiechick Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] OMG!!! That is the funniest thing I have EVER read in my life!!!!!

Thought it was only my dog who could clear a room!!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. Chef

Chef Chicken Connoisseur

Dec 16, 2008
    So.Cal
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Administering FULL dose on 75# pitbul [​IMG] . Thanks for the info! You guys are great! [​IMG]

Wish me luck!!! [​IMG]

8. maplesky7

maplesky7 Flock Mistress

Jun 14, 2008
    N. IL.
    ....You're the Chef.

me,
    g

9. maplesky7

maplesky7 Flock Mistress

Jun 14, 2008
    N. IL.
    Quote:HUH?..really?...like kingston charcol for the grill?...how much do you give??...interesting!

sure...the kind with lighter fluid and then make sure you have some candles next to his rear.

(this is ONLY a joke...in no way is this a serious post. do NOT administer lighter fluid soaked charcoal to your pet or your husband or yourself or your mother in law or .....)

me,
    g

Last edited: Jan 6, 2009
  10. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

I have not even read the thread, but the title of this thing just put me into fits of giggles.!!!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by