1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Please tell me I did this right...

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by babychickfarmer, Nov 15, 2007.

1. babychickfarmer

babychickfarmer Chillin' With My Peeps

Ok so I got some food grade D.E in the mail today and I put it on all my girls. but yesterday I put Safe Gaurd D.E in the coop and Nesting Boxes. Is that dangerouse? Should I take the Safe Gaurd Brand out??

2. panner123

panner123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 15, 2007
    Garden Valley, ca
    Quote:#1 Is this dangerous? YES
    #2 Should I take the Safe Guard Brand out? YES

3. babychickfarmer

Is it alright to have in there untill tomorrow? I can't remove it whens its raining and I need to get some Pine Shavings.

4. panner123

panner123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 15, 2007
    Garden Valley, ca
    Just get as much out as you can and as soon as possible. A friend had a problem with that stuff. She would tell you to go get it out nake in a blizzard if that is what it takes to get it out. Yes, she lost both her pet and her son's pet chickens.

5. SeaChick

SeaChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2007
    Southern Maine
    Do you have a shop-vac? I'd think that's the best way to remove it ALL....... good luck.

6. babychickfarmer

[​IMG]I do and I just did vaccume all that crappy stuff out and put down food grade DE and then some Pine Shavings and then a lil hay! WHOO. it was hard work and it took a couple hours but I finished and the girls seem to be happy!

7. SeaChick

SeaChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2007
    Southern Maine
    Way to go. Isn't it great to have this forum where we can ask questions and get timely answers? I am glad you thought to ask and people answered. Best wishes,
    Stacey

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by