Please tell me I have a pretty pullet!

I am not aware of any rule such as that, but he volunteered his service and was the source of my own meat birds on his own accord.
Maybe laws are different where you live, but I live around a lot of commercial poultry houses. Best friend's husband handles contracts for them. The workers of the houses are not even allowed to visit people that have chickens. HUGE bio security no-no.

Does he have houses or work in them? If not, I'm sure it's no biggie at all.

Maybe laws are different where you live, but I live around a lot of commercial poultry houses. Best friend's husband handles contracts for them. The workers of the houses are not even allowed to visit people that have chickens. HUGE bio security no-no.

Does he have houses or work in them? If not, I'm sure it's no biggie at all.
He doesn't have any of his own chickens, if that's what you mean. He said he didn't want to have to worry about biosecurity on a daily basis.

He doesn't have any of his own chickens, if that's what you mean. He said he didn't want to have to worry about biosecurity on a daily basis.
Ah, gotcha! Glad you've got someone to help you then. I'm in the same boat you are. Love eating them, but love them too. 🤦‍♀️

I'm still saying cockerel, & since you believe the Buff Brahma is the mother, he should start showing Buff leakage on the hackles, shoulders, & saddle feathers.

Better pictures of all areas will help us out?
If I can get home before dark, I'll try to get more. I'll try to get pics of the siblings too, but they are so darn flighty. so far there has been no color leakage whatsoever. I've gone waaaayyy down the rabbit hole reading about barring genes, but there's just no info on mixing a buff chicken with any other type of chicken.

Back
Top Bottom