1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Please tell me I have one boy in the bunch...

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by FLF, May 26, 2008.

1. FLF

FLF Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2007
    Portersville
    I am hoping for a roo out of one of these 5 Amercaunas, from Dipsey. They are sooo darn cute. Can anyone venture guesses on what I've got? Acouple didn't want to pose [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and any guesses on my bantam cochins?
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks!

2. BowChickaBowMow

BowChickaBowMow Chillin' With My Peeps

May 16, 2008
    Northern Michigan
    How do I get to the pics? I only see a red X, and the website, but no clicky, and it won't let me copy/paste the website?

3. chickmomma30

chickmomma30 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 8, 2008
    Odessa MO
    ok all i see are gilies. I wcould be wrong i am not familiar with this breed

4. tx_dane_mom

tx_dane_mom Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2007
    SE Texas
    I' definately not seeing any obvious boys, but I think if there is one, it'd be #2.

5. DTchickens

DTchickens Overrun With Chickens

Mar 23, 2008
    Bailey, Mississippi.
    All girls.

6. Guitartists

Guitartists Resistance is futile

Mar 21, 2008
    Michigan
    I'm NO expert as all of mine are chicks yet.... and EE's not Ameraucanas..... but MAYBE number number 2? I only say this because the comb is so much wider than the others. Maybe your little cochin on the bottom is a roo since the comb looks to have so much more red in it.

Good luck! [​IMG]

7. CarriBrown

CarriBrown Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

#2 and maybe that splash cochin.

8. FLF

FLF Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2007
    Portersville
    Well everyone cross fingers that number 2 is a boy-o. I thought the all looked girly, but what are the odds of all girls? Luckily, I've got a bunch more of Dipsey's eggs under some sikies as back up [​IMG]

The splash cochin has me confuzzled too. I thought he was a roo, then his younger siblings way surpassed him in the comb area, so now I don't know. Oh well, either way that splash has a super personality, so he's a keeper. He likes to ride my lab, and my lab walks slowly so the chicken doesn't slide off!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by