please tell me I kept only girls ......

emjay

Songster
10 Years
Sep 6, 2009
These babies are about 9 weeks old, give or take. I just parted with 5 roos, kept 1, one died. ( had 7 ) I kept 12, thinking/hoping all pullets. Here are just a few that I want to make sure. I am confident 2 of them are pullets, but, double checking.

the only one I worry about is the white/blue one.

the baby on the left is the only one in this batch of 7 that has the full beard, the rest are clean shaven
big_smile.png
, in my other batch of 6, they all have full beards. yet all from the same parentage. I guess the genes are stronger on different days of the week, hahaha. anyhoo...

september2010450.jpg

september2010446.jpg

pretty sure she is a she

september2010438.jpg

this is the one I'm still on the fence with. not literally.

september2010437.jpg

september2010460.jpg

barnie.gif
Are you telling me EE roos beard out faster, I thought I had all girls till now
hu.gif
Mine look just like yours, age and all, clean shaven or not , must follow this for tips on how to tell. Sorry I couldn't help you.

no, roos don't beard out faster. I just had 3 seperate broods within one week of each other, same moms, same dad. Only one brood had all chicks with beards. and the other 2 broods, mostly clean faced. the brood with all the beards, 5 are pullets, 2 are roos.

I'm thinking the white one is a roo. Although he seems to have slow comb development, I'm seeing the start of saddle feathers at the base of the tail.

Quote:
ack !!!!!!!!! man, I hope you are wrong. this one is my favorite as far as coloring goes.

Back
Top Bottom